Installed prop guard and flies erratically

Reaction score
I purchased prop guards and installed them on my P3 Advanced. It took off and was hard to control. It flew one way and would not come back to me. When I finally landed I removed the snap ons and did not have an issue. Was there a setting I missed when I install or could there be a problem when using these?

Mike

Prop guards should not pose any problem unless it's too windy. There is no setting for prop guards for P3.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mark The Droner
No doubt stay very clear of windy days. Did you happen to notice any error messages display on-screen before aborting the flight?

I purchased prop guards and installed them on my P3 Advanced. It took off and was hard to control. It flew one way and would not come back to me. When I finally landed I removed the snap ons and did not have an issue. Was there a setting I missed when I install or could there be a problem when using these?

Mike
I have had the screw on guards from day one and never a problem. My bird seems about as stable and predictable as can be expected.

Thanks for the replies. I did not notice any error message. The winds may have been 10MPH above the tree line, could that have caused the issue? It did tend to settle down wind so perhaps. However, it was very unstable indoors with them on but I attributed that to a lack of gps signal. I will try again on a less windy day.

Mike

Thanks for the replies. I did not notice any error message. The winds may have been 10MPH above the tree line, could that have caused the issue? It did tend to settle down wind so perhaps. However, it was very unstable indoors with them on but I attributed that to a lack of gps signal. I will try again on a less windy day.

Mike

10mph is a lot of wind for prop guards. Btw, if your clear of obstacles it could be a lot of fun fighting the wind for control.

I had the same problem as you on my second flight session. I removed the the prop guards and they've never been on since. I would put them on again if I needed to fly indoors but that would be the only reason.

Reactions: Pharm
...The winds may have been 10MPH above the tree line, could that have caused the issue?
Possibly. Look up "Surface Friction".
Personally, I see no use for prop guards other than indoor flying. If you're flying close enough to obstacles to need prop guards, you're flying too close to the obstacles anyway. Take 'em off and stay away from things! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20