Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Prop Balancing

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Draco, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Draco

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to flying and I have the following question. Do I need to balance props from DJI? I have about 50 flights and had some scratches on my props so I replaced them. I figured that replacing props was far cheaper than replacing the drone. Last weekend I went flying with a buddy and he asked how I balance my props. I had assumed they were balance by DJI and never checked them. I understand the value of balanced props which is why I replaced the previous ones that had nicks and scratches.

The next question is if I need to check the balance then what product is recommended as I have a P3P?

Thanks for any feedback.

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

It's a good idea to check them since DJI does not balance them. About half of mine are always a bit off balance right out of the box. I like the SpeedyTM prop balancer since it includes a rod too, but you can find some other commonly used prop balancers here.

Here's a good video showing how to balance props:

rhoffart likes this.
  3. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I use the Dubro and sandpaper like in the video. It works very well. ;)

rhoffart likes this.
  4. Draco

Thanks for the info. I had incorrectly assumed the props were already balanced. It looks like there are more purchases in the near future.