Prodigal son (p2) returns after 20 months.

Reaction score
I am posting here in P3 because some of you were very helpful at the time we all owned p2 aircraft. Many of you have upgraded (as I have) to p3.

On 5/24/14 I lost my whole new p2 setup. As you can see from the p2 may 2014 thread I had completely given up about four months ago. 20 months has passed. Just today, my wife texted me and said the prodigal son had returned. Someone found it and left if on my porch today. It is in very rough shape. And I have not seen if the memory card is still inside the hero pro. So when I get home, I'll get some pictures and update anyone who is interested. It was found about 1/4 mile off the extended search area. Thanks again for all you who helped in the search.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wild !!!

156fc154bb841cf22a6c87c85e3c7a7d.jpg

If only every flyaway victim was this lucky!

That's crazy. But awesome news and lucky for you. ;-)
Being that you have already moved on, I would hang that dirty drone high on a wall, or from a string in the ceiling. I wouldn't even clean it, or care about the dead battery... Just nuts man, Make it a dangler. Ha

RedHotPoker

Thanks Jerry. Yes. Should I try to charge the battery?!?! Half kidding, half not.

Kov,

I still put my P2 in the air every now and again. Unlike a lot of other folks, mine is pretty rock solid. Locked down the firmware and a Galaxy Tab 4 with an older version of the DJI App and an early Litchi version. Still does some nice, long, waypoint flights. Goes in the air anytime I ask it to. If it were me, depending on the shape it's in, I'd be pulling that thing apart and doing a restoration, just for the fun if it. I wouldn't put it up the way it is but I'd probably be putting it up after a bit of work. It'd be a great story!

Jerry

Reactions: mcphipps
I'd show a melodramatic video if folks would promise not to flame. You can read the original thread if you want the full story -you'll understand why I say this. Anyway, PM me and I'll send you a youtube link.

I suggest an IMU calibration before you fly it again ;)
Strangely enough, updating the firmware was the reason why I lost the quad. Not a problem with firmware technically, but the fact that my first flight had a 12-15 mps descent. And the firmware update changed that to 2 mps. I was not aware of that change on this flight. And because of that I would never have been able to get the bird back before the battery failed. My fault. But dang those firmware updates. I thought something was wrong when I started my descent and could barely get the thing to drop.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl