Problems with new wifi extender connecting to vision plus

Reaction score
I've looked but not really found an answer to my problem. I purchased this vision plus used a month ago. As I have flown it many times and wasn't happy with range.... So I found a mod for wifi extender should've never done this. "Don't fix what isn't broken" is a saying I've heard many times and on this occasion I should've listened. Ok any how I screwed the old extender up and had to purchase a new one. It came in today and I tried to connect, the system light is blinking but with no pattern. My iphone6 does not recognize the wifi on my drone. Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you press the reset button on the side of the extender, between the switch and USB port?
Once reset, and you can see it in your phone, then you must bind it with camera MAC address , once that is done, should work great.
Plenty of YouTube videos on how to properly bind extender to camera ( phantom )

Hope this helps
J Dot

How can I find the MAC address? I've read it's on the box it came in... Well I got it used so don't have it...[emoji30]

image.jpg The MAC address is on the bottom of the Phantom next to the QR code. If you try binding and that one doesn't work you may have to pop the lid off and get the MAC address off the white sticker on top of the wifi Tx unit. The wifi extender must be bound to the Phantom Tx unit to work. Check out the you tube videos on binding the wifi extender.

Thanks I'll try this. I'll let ya know how it goes

You can download InSSIDer program for PC and it can see that WiFi inside the Phantom and also see its MAC address. Better than open it. Also various Android wifi anlyzer apps can do the same.

Thanks guys!! I had to take it apart but it only took few minutes. It's back working again. Thanks for the help! I was scratching my head when I kept reading where I needed the box it came in to get the MAC address.... Hopefully I'll be back in the air as soon as it's daylight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl