printing photos??

This is why you need a colormanaged workflow where you are working directly against the paper/ink combination on a calibrated monitor.

Again, this is not the cheapest or easiest (by far) rather the potentially best workflow.
I agree that color management is a must in order to get the best results possible. When I save these presets I include paper type and printer in the name of the files, I do this at work for our large format imager witch does a good job for a inkjet (HP designjet). At home I have a good monitor, at work what you see is not what you get and that is when color work flow management becomes a must. My wife, at work they have a pair of dye subs, they have a bigger budget than we do.

Reactions: Brian S
For me I tweek my pictures then upload to walmart and pick them up the next day. Good image, fast, and cheap, and if the picture is bad (printing wise) they will print a good one for free.

Getting those great shots and making them pop in post production is the fun part, going to get a print is a whole different skill set and at least for me the hardest and can get real expensive. Most likely what you see on your computer screen is not going to look the same as in print. If you use photoshop there are a lot of options for resizing, cropping and adjust for ppi or dpi - I would say that getting the sharpest clearest shot would serve you best then use a post production software package, lots of internet resources out their as well. Good Luck

I had a look and today it says "Video editing software," not printing. They might be rotating software.
Think your right. Just tried it myself. The site I got it from says its photo editing. Sorry about that

As a commercial photographer (ground and now aerial) and photography and Photoshop instructor, I work extensively in Photoshop, initial edits in Lightroom if doing batch processing. My P4P drone is set to 4:3 aspect ratio, which translates directly into common sizes 4x6, 8x12, 12x18 (my often used poster size), 16x24, etc. Any special crops you might want, including vertical format, NOT directly available in the drone, and based on who is printing your photos, can be edited in most popular photo editing programs, including Photoshop Elements, Photoshop, Lightroom and online sourced software. You need a good editor, know how to use at least the basics and then make sure it matches the capability of whichever printing service you use. I like Costco... good quality for most things, good prices, and convenient from my location. One additional thought, if you are shooting images and want the very best editing quality and capability, shoot in "RAW" mode rather than .jpg. DJI offers .dng as RAW, which is Adobe's version of RAW, and that works well in my photo work from the drone. All in all, as good as the camera in the P4P is, I am getting very sharp and well exposed images, easy to edit in any of my work. Attached is an example of the quality of the images I capture, taken as .jpg (before I switched to drone RAW), edited directly into Photoshop CC, and "shrunk" to fit Facebook uploads. I hope this helps. In the meantime, welcome to Paradise CA.
efb 180131 DJI 0080 Skyway Par Welcome.jpg

In all of this discussion there should be some emphasis on color managed work flow either for custom printing at home, or outsourced to a service like Shutterfly, CVS etc.

This means using a color calibrated monitor to adjust your image to taste, a defined color workspace to do this in, sRGB is common, and if you are going to an outside service making sure that the digital image file is tagged with your selected color workspace.

I have had 3 Epson large format inkjet printers over 10+ Years, but have found that the image quality from both Shutterfly and CVS is so good that I no longer need to print at home to get what I want.

In all cases, you want the highest resolution you can get for output. 300 dpi is considered good for high quality prints, which will limit your output size.

Reactions: Brian S
In all of this discussion there should be some emphasis on color managed work flow either for custom printing at home, or outsourced to a service like Shutterfly, CVS etc.

This means using a color calibrated monitor to adjust your image to taste, a defined color workspace to do this in, sRGB is common, and if you are going to an outside service making sure that the digital image file is tagged with your selected color workspace.

I have had 3 Epson large format inkjet printers over 10+ Years, but have found that the image quality from both Shutterfly and CVS is so good that I no longer need to print at home to get what I want.

In all cases, you want the highest resolution you can get for output. 300 dpi is considered good for high quality prints, which will limit your output size.
Tomas talked about color management. But I need to speak up here on behalf of the OP. Let’s not overwhelm the guy with such advanced topics such as color managed workflow, monitor calibration, color spaces etc. The gentleman is trying to grok print sizes and cropping. Color management is challenging for even an advanced amateur digital photographer and often requires expensive calibration hardware. Let’s spare him the pedantry and let him enjoy the color he gets from his prints if they please him. And focus on the sizing issue at hand.

Having said that, I agree that I like the results and the cost of online printing outfits. The paper is good and I don’t need to spend a small fortune on ink just to keep the nozzles clean.

I also agree with targeting 300ppi. Some say 240 - which can be acceptable. But I go for at least 300 when I can. And you are right that can limit your output size esp from a phantom.

Yip I keep mine simple,just put sd card in this machine,a4 or photo size,bingo got nice prints.only catch is ink cartridges,have learnt not to print everything, cheap and works for me
1518328642042560899814.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119