Previous P3P Owners Who Own A P4

I have owned and flown P3P with GL300B and it seemed to have the same range as my original P3P with GL300A (which I still have).

I was hoping that by getting a P3P refurb in December, that I would have a chance of getting either the GL300A or B, but unfortunately it still came with the GL300C.

So if I get a P4, and I purchase a GL300A off of eBay for better range, will the GL300A be able to fully update the P4 just like the GL300C (since you stated that the GL658 series can't)??? Also, I have use an iPad Mini 4 to fly, is there any advantage to the GL300A since it has video processing capabilities, or does that not really matter?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

I was hoping that by getting a P3P refurb in December, that I would have a chance of getting either the GL300A or B, but unfortunately it still came with the GL300C.

So if I get a P4, and I purchase a GL300A off of eBay for better range, will the GL300A be able to fully update the P4 just like the GL300C (since you stated that the GL658 series can't)??? Also, I have use an iPad Mini 4 to fly, is there any advantage to the GL300A since it has video processing capabilities, or does that not really matter?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
I don't know if the GL300A will update the P4 firmware when linked, I haven't tried that. I just know my GL658A won't update my P4. I need my GL300C to update, but I never expect to update. Even with the new GO4 app supporting P4, and the P4P features that are rumored to be coming to the P4, I'm not eager to update. Only after I hear others rave about with gushing reports will I attempt to update my P4, simply because my P4 flies just fine with 1.6. You should keep your GL300C for updates, that's the safest plan. However, if you buy a GL300A and are successful at updating P4 firmware, let us know. That would be a good thing to know. I guess I could link my GL300A to my P4 and try it, but I'd rather not since it's setup with my P3P that I fly all the time.

As for the Mini4, that's a good device to fly with, it provide 2X zoom, lossless zoom, which Android doesn't. The Mini4 won't overheat as easy as the Mini2 and Mini3 that uses the A7 CPU. Just enable hardware decoding and fly. The GL300A will help increase the control range, that's all, and that's important IMO. If you lose control signal to the P4, that automatically shuts down the video link and the craft goes into RTH. With a stronger control signal you will hopefully lose video signal first, which is what you want. It's much better to lose video signal BEFORE control signal. This allows you to ascend higher in an effort to regain the video link, then continue to fly.

Last edited:
Does it matter though, the craft updates just fine via a PC or Mac using DJI Assistant 2 (unless you don't have one of course).
How can it be lossless if it is (I assume) a digital zoom that crops the frame?
If you are shooting in 1080, it crops 1/4 of the 4K sensor. You haven't degraded the 1080 pixels, like a normal "digital zoom" where it just increases the size of each pixel. Just try it, you'll see.

If you use digital assistant, it doesn't matter. It's just easier using Go IMO

If you are shooting in 1080, it crops 1/4 of the 4K sensor. You haven't degraded the 1080 pixels, like a normal "digital zoom" where it just increases the size of each pixel. Just try it, you'll see.

If you use digital assistant, it doesn't matter. It's just easier using Go IMO

John, I just wanted to say thanks for answering all of my questions, and then some....it is MUCH appreciated!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94