Precision Landing

Reaction score
I wanted to know how the phantom 4 pros precision landing works. I'll check it off in the DJI go 4 app and it will rise to 20ft automatically but most of the time when I press RTH it doesn't use this. I won't get the notification either on the app that it is precisely locating landing point. Occasionally it will say precisely locating landing point and it will land it the same spot but most of the time it won't do this. Can someone explain how the precision landing works on the phantom 4 pro. Thank you

Precision landing takes the picture of the terrain during vertical take off and compares it during landing.

Obviously it needs a distinctive terrain pattern to identify the landing position precisely. Home point should be recorded. Take off should be vertical to 7 m and off course light conditions should be good to take and identify during return. Pattern shout or change during return. It should not be a plain ground with no distinctive landing position.

Occasionally it will say precisely locating landing point and it will land it the same spot but most of the time it won't do this.
What does it do when it does not say it's precisely landing? Do you ever move the remote controller sticks while your Phantom is landing?

What does it do when it does not say it's precisely landing? Do you ever move the remote controller sticks while your Phantom is landing?
When it doesn't say that it will just land a few feet off and I will have to move the sticks to get it in the right spot. And no when the phantom is landing I don't touch anything until it is 5ft from the ground then I move it to get it in the right spot.

I noticed on my P4P Plus (the last few times I took off) it asked me if I wanted a precision landing point, with a check box. Something new for me...
I checked the box, and it rose to a preset height by itself. Upon return to home, it landed perfectly in the same spot.

I noticed on my P4P Plus (the last few times I took off) it asked me if I wanted a precision landing point, with a check box. Something new for me...
I checked the box, and it rose to a preset height by itself. Upon return to home, it landed perfectly in the same spot.
Yes I do that every time and most of the time it doesn't precisely land. Mine will also rise to the preset height and when it come back it won't precisely land.

You must leave the sticks alone while it ascends to it's proper height. If you move them at all, I think it aborts the precision landing process. Mine worked great, every time I tried it.

You must leave the sticks alone while it ascends to it's proper height. If you move them at all, I think it aborts the precision landing process. Mine worked great, every time I tried it.
After it reaches that height should I let it hover there for a little.

I do, just a few seconds. I also noticed, upon return, it rotates to the same compass heading as in take off. It may be sensitive to yaw movements as well.

when the phantom is landing I don't touch anything until it is 5ft from the ground then I move it to get it in the right spot.
That's odd. The precision landing should kick in before it reaches 5 feet from the ground.

Did you take a look at any of your TXT flight logs? Perhaps they will explain what happened. If you want to check them out, you can upload and view them online here.

That's odd. The precision landing should kick in before it reaches 5 feet from the ground.

Did you take a look at any of your TXT flight logs? Perhaps they will explain what happened. If you want to check them out, you can upload and view them online here.
Thank you I'll check that right now.

There are probably precision landing corrections made higher than 5 feet but they also occur under 5 feet, I've commonly observed my P4P making a significant correction as low as a foot high (after which it nails the landing virtually dead on or within inches, never ceases to amaze me.)

There are probably precision landing corrections made higher than 5 feet but they also occur under 5 feet
Agreed. I just meant I always see the precision landing has been initiated message pop up in DJI GO before my Phantom reaches 5 feet from the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel