Precision landing is awesome

No private messages please as your last one was quite obnoxious.
All I am trying to point out is you are flying in built up areas to which is against the LAW and you should should think of the consequences.
Us competent pilots of drones take our hobby very seriously as a good majority of us are keen photographers.
And as for being old , yes possibly older than yourself but I do fly my quad in very safe areas and not around BUILT UP areas.
Myself to correct you, I have been flying fixed wing and rc helicopters for 30 years and have shown demonstrations at Leuchars air show to the crowds a few years back and also had my own stall.
Oh, also just to point out , yes I do use gps to fly my quad, not all the time, depends on where I am flying.
So just to recap, what is so good about the drone RTH?
Of course it will do that if you want it to, but why do this in a neighbourhood area?
No need to draw the crowds to show off what the drone can do, us professionals know what they can do if properly calibrated.
Anyway, take care and hopefully you will take a bit advice.
Seriously it's pilots like yourself that cause big , big problems and ruin a fantastic hobby enjoyed by a large majority of competent pilots.
Regards

I

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: AyeYo
Fwiw, I've used the box from my P3/4K to take off from and once for sh$&s and grins did a RTH and it landed within a half inch of where the skids were on the box. I have a vid somewhere if any one is interested.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Well, I can see I need to block a couple of drone cops. Again.

To the DC's on here. Do you actually think your little off topic comments are going to change ANYONE'S mind? No, it won't. So take your plastic badge, your whistle and your woo-woo lighted bicycle, and go play in the school yard where you can be the big bully.

He didn't ask your opinion of where or how he flew. He was making a post about precision landing. Stay on topic or stay quiet.

Last edited:
What you doing flying in built up area for?
Here we go again!!!!
An accident waiting to happen.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Do you really think most people are not flying their birds in residential areas? I don't disagree that if you crash, there is a higher chance of causing more damage. But if you really think people are buying these and not flying them around their neighborhoods or in urban areas I think you are being naive. I do think its fair to suggest that if you are going to fly in an urban area that you shouldn't do it as your first flight, and that you should have more experience before you do. Especially the people that are planning on using their bird to make some money, will likely be flying in urban areas.

Reactions: Neon Euc
So i thought this would be a gimmicky feature and it definitely is not! Works 100℅ of the time as long as u take it up and have something for the ac to see. It works. I used spray on rubber stuff i found washes away easily made an x with circle around it. Worked great. Pretty cool attracts quite the crowd too!
I get the same accuracy with Pix4Dcapture, i use a penny and return within 3 inches but i don't need to do anything else. Other flight plan software has been good to only about 1m/3.3ft.

Reactions: Hook9773
I really don't want to join in the juvenile insultfest, but I think it important to mention, @$gambino$ , that were something to go wrong with your aircraft and it fell uncontrollably out of the sky, the risk that it hits and injures (or worse kills) a person on the ground increases dramatically over populated areas. So just keep that risk in mind.

Also, there simply is no way that flight in the video was LOS. I'm not criticizing you or playing Drone Cop, just noting where it went, where you were, the buildings around, and how far out you sent it. It is physically impossible for that entire flight to have been LOS.

Its all good, however... I do that too ;)

I just received my new P4 Pro and am very new to the hobby. I have watched a ton of videos on various drones, manufacturers, and attempts at various things involving precision, and I can tell you $gambino$, that landing was awesome.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z