Pre-Orders that are Placed

What a mistake. These no name dealers are gunna be nowhere in sight if you have an issue. I had 6 returns to BH. This is after my initial Dronefly order. That one was DOA and took 60 days for a refund and unlimited calls email aggrivation begging etc.

Not TRUE... Davemotors is a authorized DJI dealer I just checked. So if they don't take care of it, DJI will step in and do the right thing...

Mav456 said:
fujitsuman said:
Garysam said:
Ordered mine from local hobby shop Minnesota 4-8-2014. They thought about two weeks. Phantom 2 with new gimbal, FPV, extra battery, and case,... (I think Extra set of props). $1,650.00

As noted earlier:

1. Ordered mine from daves motors today about an hour ago
2. Price with extra battery and overnight shipping: $1355.55
3. FedEx confirmed delivery for tomorrow

Had previously been DJI order 3495, but cancelled that.
What a mistake. These no name dealers are gunna be nowhere in sight if you have an issue. I had 6 returns to BH. This is after my initial Dronefly order. That one was DOA and took 60 days for a refund and unlimited calls email aggrivation begging etc.

At this point, I'd rather take my luck with a "no name dealer" than with DJI. Daves is far more established than Dronefly - doesn't take much research to figure that out. Dronefly has been in business for 1 year. Daves has been around for 17 years. Now, if you had a horrible experience with Daves, I'd appreciate hearing that.

fujitsuman said:
At this point, I'd rather take my luck with a "no name dealer" than with DJI. Daves is far more established than Dronefly - doesn't take much research to figure that out. Dronefly has been in business for 1 year. Daves has been around for 17 years. Now, if you had a horrible experience with Daves, I'd appreciate hearing that.
I. Checked with the BBB. Daves has a very high rating and they are not even a member of the BBB. BBB high ratings don't always mean you will not have a bad experience but I felt good enught that I ordered one with the free shipping. FedEx already has it within 2 hours of me ordering it.

MikeySoft said:
fujitsuman said:
I. Checked with the BBB. Daves has a very high rating and they are not even a member of the BBB. BBB high ratings don't always mean you will not have a bad experience but I felt good enught that I ordered one with the free shipping. FedEx already has it within 2 hours of me ordering it.

Glad to hear you checked. They got mine to FedEx within 49 minutes of placing the order. Will find out tomorrow by 10:30am!

Hi there!This is Steve from DDM (Davesmotors.com) I spoke with a few of you on the phone today verifying that we had the Phantom 2 Vision+ in stock. We are not a no-name dealer, in fact we are very well known if you do some searching for us. We have been the worldwide leaders in large scale radio controlled cars for a number of years. We recently have taken up the DJI Phantom line and purchase directly from DJI, and you will note that we are on the "dealers" list for the Phantom 2 Vision+ on the DJI website http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/dealer Our number one goal in all aspects of our business is to ensure that the end user gets to have as much fun with their hobby as we do with ours. Here is the tweet that I sent out earlier today: https://twitter.com/davesmotors/status/ ... 76/photo/1

Have a look at the HPI Baja Forum and you will see nearly a decade worth of postings giving us the credit to making sure that our customers are always satisfied with their orders. Thanks for your support and we have every expectation of becoming a major presence on this forum and the Phantom/multirotor community as we have with large scale. We can be reached by phone; 801.619.0235, outside of phone hours leave a message. Email is always easiest to reach us! [email protected]

DDMSteve said:
Hi there!This is Steve from DDM (Davesmotors.com) I spoke with a few of you on the phone today verifying that we had the Phantom 2 Vision+ in stock. We are not a no-name dealer, in fact we are very well known if you do some searching for us. We have been the worldwide leaders in large scale radio controlled cars for a number of years. We recently have taken up the DJI Phantom line and purchase directly from DJI, and you will note that we are on the "dealers" list for the Phantom 2 Vision+ on the DJI website http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/dealer Our number one goal in all aspects of our business is to ensure that the end user gets to have as much fun with their hobby as we do with ours. Here is the tweet that I sent out earlier today: https://twitter.com/davesmotors/status/ ... 76/photo/1

Have a look at the HPI Baja Forum and you will see nearly a decade worth of postings giving us the credit to making sure that our customers are always satisfied with their orders. Thanks for your support and we have every expectation of becoming a major presence on this forum and the Phantom/multirotor community as we have with large scale. We can be reached by phone; 801.619.0235, outside of phone hours leave a message. Email is always easiest to reach us! [email protected]

Steve, you're awesome! Thanks for talking on the phone earlier.

fujitsuman said:
MikeySoft said:
fujitsuman said:

Glad to hear you checked. They got mine to FedEx within 49 minutes of placing the order. Will find out tomorrow by 10:30am!

I always try to check with the BBB. I have not ordered things like electronics and cameras because of bad BBB ratings.

I'm taking a trip tomorrow and I'm too cheap for overnight. ;) I took the free shipping. I live near Boston. According to FedEx web site, I should get it on Thursday.

I've been a customer of Dave's Discount Motors for a few years now with my 1/5 scale gas RC truck addiction. Always great service, fast shipping.

The Phantom 2 Vision + has arrived at my doorstep via UPS from Dronestc. Charging up the batteries as I type. The maiden voyage very soon!!!!!!!

Jayson Hanes said:
Got mine and already did a quick maiden flight.. and now I'm waiting for the batteries to fully charge.. all I can say is WOW!! they did a GREAT job with this product! It's 25mph+ winds here today and this machine handled it like a champ!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrzlbKVzZEg

That was made all the more impressive because you got the trees blowing in the wind. Man that's stable. Thanks for the vid.

chaznolan1117 said:
I've been a customer of Dave's Discount Motors for a few years now with my 1/5 scale gas RC truck addiction. Always great service, fast shipping.

I emailed them this morning and they replied straight away and would ship immediately, DJI should ask THEM how to run a business. Very impressive. :)

How long does it take to get a refund from DJI? I'm thinking about buying from another source. I'm tired of waiting.

mem_ny said:
cbjr1960 said:
....after getting absolutely no response from them I ordered one from Drones Etc for the same price ....

Cancelled my DJI order and ordered from Drones Etc as well. Let's see if they live up to their "in stock" representation. Will keep you posted.

I ordered mine from Drones Etc. Tuesday, paid $26.00 for UPS two day shipping and received it today!

mtpisgah said:
please read the dji " warning " before buying from any dealers ! better safe than sorry of your $1k+

" We value our customers in providing the best before and after sale experience. Despite our effort in offering the best service, support and warranty there are unauthorized sale channels offering quick sale with unsatisfactory after sale support. DJI continues to work with, and ensure our authorized dealers to offer after sale support and service to the highest standard. Purchases from unauthorized channels will void manufacture warranty; repair fee will be charged in addition to shipping cost."

i purchased my p2v from altantahobby.com becoz it was authorize dealer back then. now i dont see their company's name !!! :shock:

The dealers that DJI shows for the Vision+ represents dealers DJI has shipped units to and have in stock, at least that's what I understood from Drones, Etc. I'm sure Atlanta Hobby will be added once they have units shipped.

tedw123 said:
mtpisgah said:
please read the dji " warning " before buying from any dealers ! better safe than sorry of your $1k+

" We value our customers in providing the best before and after sale experience. Despite our effort in offering the best service, support and warranty there are unauthorized sale channels offering quick sale with unsatisfactory after sale support. DJI continues to work with, and ensure our authorized dealers to offer after sale support and service to the highest standard. Purchases from unauthorized channels will void manufacture warranty; repair fee will be charged in addition to shipping cost."

i purchased my p2v from altantahobby.com becoz it was authorize dealer back then. now i dont see their company's name !!! :shock:

The dealers that DJI shows for the Vision+ represents dealers DJI has shipped units to and have in stock, at least that's what I understood from Drones, Etc. I'm sure Atlanta Hobby will be added once they have units shipped.
There is an injunction stopping dji from shipping P2V+ to at least 2 of the dealers listed by dji, Amazon, and B&HPhotoVideo, so either dji is breaking the law or those dealers are getting them from a middle man. If the P2V+ are not ship from dji to those two companies, how can they be dji dealers?

See this thread for more info:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12658

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor