Pre-Orders that are Placed

joefuller757 said:
Communicate directly and succinctly. I tell my teams I want bad news "early and often". You can turn detractors into advocates when they know the truth.

It always amazes me that companies haven't figured this out. My husband beats this message into his employees overandoverandoverandover. And then one more time. Rinse-wear-repeat.

Hopefully DJI will figure this piece out. No time like the present to get started.

Yeah, I def agree they should not have taken payment on a back order. Preorder maybe, but not back order.

please read the dji " warning " before buying from any dealers ! better safe than sorry of your $1k+

" We value our customers in providing the best before and after sale experience. Despite our effort in offering the best service, support and warranty there are unauthorized sale channels offering quick sale with unsatisfactory after sale support. DJI continues to work with, and ensure our authorized dealers to offer after sale support and service to the highest standard. Purchases from unauthorized channels will void manufacture warranty; repair fee will be charged in addition to shipping cost."

i purchased my p2v from altantahobby.com becoz it was authorize dealer back then. now i dont see their company's name !!! :shock:

I would assume, that since Atlanta Hobby is still listed as an authorized dealer for the P2v, then your warranty should still apply. The dealer list is different for each product, (somewhat). Atlanta Hobby is listed as a dealer for the Vision, but not plus. When you click on each product (at least under the tab For Everyone), then click dealers, the list changes. Since DJI is still listing AH as a dealer, for the p2v, I would expect support from DJI through Atlanta Hobby, as long as they are still in business. Even if they go under, then I would think DJI would have a responsibility to back up there product as you fulfilled your duty to buy from authorized channels. But its all conjecture on my part. Just wanted you to know there are different authorized dealers lists on the DJI site.

this morning I cancelled my amazon msrp PV+ order and reordered from amazon luckitron for a few bucks more but with an extra battery. just got shipping notification just now. booya!

Dirty Bird said:
Mav456 said:
ryanfreng said:
3264 shipped as of 5 hours ago. Shipping from Hong Kong?
Whatever happened to made in the USA? Years ago, no one would pay for Chinese junk!

Union greed is what happened! Imagine what a Vision+ would cost were it actually made in the USA?
Some of the things the Chinese government does to keep prices lower so they can export more is not having the same, safe working conditions and not follow the same pollution and environment controls in place in western countries. They are polluting their own country and killing their own people for a kuai (Chinese slang for one RMB, in US slang, a buck).

It seems like lot of you don't quite understand how business and dealers work.

First of all I'll agree that DJI made a mistake for announcing the Vision+ and taking preorders at the same time. They should have done the announcement earlier, or said that preorders would be shipping later. That way they could have made a better estimate of how many units they would need.

And also harping on them, that they didn't fill your orders first, that you are going to get it from a local dealer instead is just rubbish. What you don't understand, is that, they must have ordered a lot, and kept a good amount for themselves, but then they had to send the dealers their quota's. Because you have to keep the dealers happy, or they will not be around for you to take your broken Phantom back to get fixed, or for spare parts.

I ordered on the morning of the 4/8/2014 and I'm number #3336. Which puts me about 600-700 behind the first orders that people have announced here. Sure I would like it sooner, and I can cancel and go to amazon and have it by the 21st. But then I would also have to pay taxes on it, making it another $130+ dollars. For that much money I'll wait a week or too.

just my 2 cents....

If anyone is looking for the phantom plus, they have it at davesmotors.com. Free shipping and use promo code 'squirrel' for 5% discount.

ryanfreng said:
3264 shipped as of 5 hours ago. Shipping from Hong Kong?

Interesting... DJI is not shipping in order of purchase as I have order 3235 and my order is still pending. :shock:

Folks,

I ordered direct from DJI on April 9, number 3495. I've been thinking a LOT these past few days about whether or not that was a mistake. Especially given the types of responses I was getting from DJI via email, and hearing similar problems from you guys.

After getting the note from DJI this morning about the further delay, and after reading the post from Tweedo above, I decided to look into ordering from someone state side who has the P2V+ in stock.

Had an extremely nice call with the sales person at daves motors when I called. He said other folks had been calling expressing frustration over DJI and their delays. Then told me he had stacks of boxes and would literally tweet a photo out while we were on the phone. (which he did)

I asked if I could still get overnight shipping (he said absolutely) - I placed my order at 2:45pm Central Time. About 15 minutes ago.

Using the 5% discount that Tweedo noted (coupon code squirrel), the total cost of P2V+ with extra battery AND overnight shipping was $1355.55

Meaning, $33.45 LESS expensive than DJI direct, and I will get it tomorrow in time for the weekend. My only frustration was that they would only ship to the billing address on my card, and because I have a debit card, I couldn't call and do a one-time alternate billing address. So, I paid via PayPal with no problem and am getting it mailed directly to me.

I've sent in my cancellations to DJI.

I'll post once I a) have shipping confirmation from Daves, and b) have a refund from DJI. For those of you who are frustrated with DJI and want their PV2+ right away, you should consider doing the same. My only hesitation had been making sure I got the refund from DJI (which someone earlier said they got), and then taking the risk with a local place (also heard stories of US dealers saying they had in stock and then reporting delays). After speaking with their rep on the phone, the latter was no longer a concern.

Thanks.

Dorsal said:
joefuller757 said:
Communicate directly and succinctly. I tell my teams I want bad news "early and often". You can turn detractors into advocates when they know the truth.

It always amazes me that companies haven't figured this out. My husband beats this message into his employees overandoverandoverandover. And then one more time. Rinse-wear-repeat.

Hopefully DJI will figure this piece out. No time like the present to get started.
Same here live by "an informed customer is your best advocate"

fujitsuman said:
Folks,

I ordered direct from DJI on April 9, number 3495. I've been thinking a LOT these past few days about whether or not that was a mistake. Especially given the types of responses I was getting from DJI via email, and hearing similar problems from you guys.

After getting the note from DJI this morning about the further delay, and after reading the post from Tweedo above, I decided to look into ordering from someone state side who has the P2V+ in stock.

Had an extremely nice call with the sales person at daves motors when I called. He said other folks had been calling expressing frustration over DJI and their delays. Then told me he had stacks of boxes and would literally tweet a photo out while we were on the phone. (which he did)

I asked if I could still get overnight shipping (he said absolutely) - I placed my order at 2:45pm Central Time. About 15 minutes ago.

Using the 5% discount that Tweedo noted (coupon code squirrel), the total cost of P2V+ with extra battery AND overnight shipping was $1355.55

Meaning, $33.45 LESS expensive than DJI direct, and I will get it tomorrow in time for the weekend. My only frustration was that they would only ship to the billing address on my card, and because I have a debit card, I couldn't call and do a one-time alternate billing address. So, I paid via PayPal with no problem and am getting it mailed directly to me.

I've sent in my cancellations to DJI.

I'll post once I a) have shipping confirmation from Daves, and b) have a refund from DJI. For those of you who are frustrated with DJI and want their PV2+ right away, you should consider doing the same. My only hesitation had been making sure I got the refund from DJI (which someone earlier said they got), and then taking the risk with a local place (also heard stories of US dealers saying they had in stock and then reporting delays). After speaking with their rep on the phone, the latter was no longer a concern.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Already have my tracking number - FedEx overnight - arriving tomorrow.

I requested a refund from DJI yesterday using the online sales email address. Recieved it this morning.

My shipment from Dronesect originated from Spanish Fork, UT. (when I look at the details after clicking on upsmychoice) The ups info also said ELITE OPS. DavesMotors stated contact address is in Draper, UT. The 2 are 36 miles apart and both seem to be the most stocked. Appears the state of Utah is on the DJI A list. Using google I found an Elite Ops in a muti-tenent, large distribution warehouse in Spanish Fork, UT. What does all this mean? I have no idea. Just curious why Utah has piles of them, while DJI Hong Kong is scrambling for more.

Brew said:
Thought it might be helpful to document who ordered from where and what price. Later as the orders ship we'll be able to easily determine our possible status.

1. I ordered mine from AMAZON (PRIME) on April 7th at about 10PM
2. Price with one-day shipping $1302.99

AMAZON currently shows my order DELIVERY ESTIMATE Thursday, May 1, 2014 - Wednesday, May 7, 2014 by 8:00pm.
Ordered mine from local hobby shop Minnesota 4-8-2014. They thought about two weeks. Phantom 2 with new gimbal, FPV, extra battery, and case,... (I think Extra set of props). $1,650.00

Garysam said:
Brew said:
Thought it might be helpful to document who ordered from where and what price. Later as the orders ship we'll be able to easily determine our possible status.

1. I ordered mine from AMAZON (PRIME) on April 7th at about 10PM
2. Price with one-day shipping $1302.99

AMAZON currently shows my order DELIVERY ESTIMATE Thursday, May 1, 2014 - Wednesday, May 7, 2014 by 8:00pm.
Ordered mine from local hobby shop Minnesota 4-8-2014. They thought about two weeks. Phantom 2 with new gimbal, FPV, extra battery, and case,... (I think Extra set of props). $1,650.00

As noted earlier:

1. Ordered mine from daves motors today about an hour ago
2. Price with extra battery and overnight shipping: $1355.55
3. FedEx confirmed delivery for tomorrow

Had previously been DJI order 3495, but cancelled that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart