Pre-Orders that are Placed

Has anyone outside of U.S./Canada had their order shipped yet? Mine, which was place on April 8th is still pending...

Order number 2817 delivered to Hawaii today at 1100 hrs.

Now lets see if it lives up to my expectations. :D

For anybody that ordered it through DJI did you have to sign for it? I'm just wondering if I need to be home for this.

Venom93corba said:
For anybody that ordered it through DJI did you have to sign for it? I'm just wondering if I need to be home for this.

I called DHL they gave me the email of the local office and I sent them a note, they responded and said they notified the route person to leave it. The guy on the phone said to also leave a note on the door to authorize them to leave it.

Just got the following delay email from DJI:

Dear all our beloved DJI Customers,

Thank you for your order on Phantom 2 vision+ and/or Phantom 2 vision+ w/extra battery.
We apologize for your order will have a 3—5 days delay in shipment due to the massive of preorder numbers.
We will arrange the delivery no later than 25th April for orders before 15th of April.
At the meantime we are doing our best to arrange the orders after 15th to be shipped before 29th April.
If you have any query, feel free to write to [email protected].
Your understanding is highly appreciated. Thanks for your patience!
--
Best Regards,

DJI Onlinesales Team

So I sent DJI this:
I ordered the Vision plus directly from DJI on 4/8 because I wanted it as soon as I could get it. Here it is 8 days later and they are available online with next day delivery and mine (3103) still hasn’t shipped yet! What’s going on? I would have thought that since you are charging full retail without going through your dealer network and therefore making more profit you would have filled the direct orders before filling the dealer orders. You deducted the money right away! So there is apparently no incentive to order directly from DJI and I could be flying it now if I would have waited and bought it from a dealer at the same price!

after getting absolutely no response from them I ordered one from Drones Etc for the same price and it will be here friday. I then sent several emails to cancel my order with DJI and still received no response even though they are 4 hours behind me and I know they are still in the Office. So I forwarded all my emails to Corp in HK with the note that no one here will answer an email. So this morning they sent me back this:

Hi,
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know your order number, we will arrange your order in the following 2 days.
Thank you.Best Regards

DJI Onlinesales Team

[email protected]

http://www.dji.com

Then I got a email confirming my cancelation and refund. They really need to re-think their roll-outs, maybe built up a little inventory before announcing the plus, maybe hire some more customer service reps!

Got this from DJI 20 minutes ago:

Thank you for your order on Phantom 2 vision+ and/or Phantom 2 vision+ w/extra battery.
We apologize for your order will have a 3—5 days delay in shipment due to the massive of preorder numbers.
We will arrange the delivery no later than 25th April for orders before 15th of April.
At the meantime we are doing our best to arrange the orders after 15th to be shipped before 29th April.
--
Best Regards,
DJI Onlinesales Team

I ordered mine 4/7, 4:42 PM EST, order #2989. :cry:

Same email this morning:

--
Best Regards,
DJI Onlinesales Team

I ordered mine 4/15, 8:49 AM EST, order #4495

Dorsal said:
Got this from DJI 20 minutes ago:

--
Best Regards,
DJI Onlinesales Team

I ordered mine 4/7, 4:42 PM EST, order #2989. :cry:

I just sent them a nasty e-mail. It might not accomplish anything, but it made me feel better.

If there is a 3-5 day delay to ship orders placed before the 15th, that would be Friday of this week to Tuesday of next week. I'm fine with that. Or maybe they mean 3-5 days from today's email which would be Tuesday to Thursday of next week, also ok with me.

I'll just continue to check out the photos/videos that the lucky ones are posting. I still need to decide on a case anyway since my Nanuk 940 won't work anymore.

cbjr1960 said:
....after getting absolutely no response from them I ordered one from Drones Etc for the same price ....

Cancelled my DJI order and ordered from Drones Etc as well. Let's see if they live up to their "in stock" representation. Will keep you posted.

These delays do not seem to excessive based on the number of preorders, i've waited longer on an iPhone, lol. But sure wish I hadn't sold my Vision 2 so quickly, myself and grandsonare having flying withdraws now. :lol:

lilwheat said:
If there is a 3-5 day delay to ship orders placed before the 15th, that would be Friday of this week to Tuesday of next week. I'm fine with that. Or maybe they mean 3-5 days from today's email which would be Tuesday to Thursday of next week, also ok with me.

This is exactly what i find so frustrating: Why is DJI not able to make clear, exact and unequivocal statements?

electron6 said:
These delays do not seem to excessive based on the number of preorders, i've waited longer on an iPhone, lol. But sure wish I hadn't sold my Vision 2 so quickly, myself and grandsonare having flying withdraws now. :lol:

I basically agree that the delays themselves aren't necessarily excessive, and I was prepared to be patient until I started seeing so many people ordering from third parties a full 10 days after my order, and getting theirs in their hot little hands before mine is even shipped (and I still don't have a firm ship date). Plus the fact they took my money immediately rather than waiting until they shipped it. Those two factors lit my fuse.

For days I have been closely following this topic trying to determine when I could expect my P2V+ (order 3535 placed 4/9). Like others, I was beginning to get frustrated- not by having to wait, but by having no clue how long. So last night I sent an email to the sales email address asking for an estimate of delivery date for my order. I'm glad to see they responded to everyone today.

I think there were many people like me who had been researching camera copters who were not satisfied with the shaky videos produced by the 1 and 2 without gimbals. I was not willing to go to the trouble, spend the extra money, and take the risk of piecing together a solution from components only to find it didn't work for some unknown reason because I didn't know what I was doing. So the P2V+ was the product I was waiting for and it looks like I have good company.

Having been responsible for rollouts in the IT industry, I've learned that hitting deadlines is important, but communicating often and accurately is even more important. As advised by others here, DJI should learn from this. Tell us roughly how many orders are backlogged. Tell us what % of stock is going to dealers and what % is being kept in house. Tell us how long we can expect to wait. Communicate directly and succinctly. I tell my teams I want bad news "early and often". You can turn detractors into advocates when they know the truth.

I'm OK waiting until the 25th. Now maybe I'll get some work done in between. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart