Pre-Orders that are Placed

PhantomDave said:
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your order, we started to ship phantom 2 vision plus from April 15th, but as we have a lot of back orders, you'll need to wait for another several days, thank you for your understanding.

++++ My email question ++++++
2014-04-15 22:01 GMT+08:00 Dave xxxxxxxx <[email protected]>:

Do you have enough in stock to fulfill Order Number: 001100003518 or is it going to be on backorder?

ARRGHH. I'm 3865! Thats good information, but bad news...maybe another week or two for me. Nothing worse then waiting for Christmas morning.

DrJoe said:
PhantomDave said:
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your order, we started to ship phantom 2 vision plus from April 15th, but as we have a lot of back orders, you'll need to wait for another several days, thank you for your understanding.

++++ My email question ++++++
2014-04-15 22:01 GMT+08:00 Dave xxxxxxxx <[email protected]>:

Do you have enough in stock to fulfill Order Number: 001100003518 or is it going to be on backorder?

ARRGHH. I'm 3865! Thats good information, but bad news...maybe another week or two for me. Nothing worse then waiting for Christmas morning.

Don't feel to bad my order number is #4092. I thought I would get it quicker since I ordered direct from them but I got the same response you did when I inquired as to why my order was still pending. Might be awhile before I get mine. I was never good at waiting for Christmas morning :D

"another several days" means - like "shipping on and after April 15th" - everything and nothing at all... :|

When I saw my order # was 4,000 something, I thought "well they probably have a few thousand of these boxed up and ready to roll". Ooops, my mistake haha

I'm coming from a Phantom v1 and I haven't flown since before this ridiculously long winter we've had here on the east coast. Excitement is an understatement.

Is anyone actually received a shipment from drones, etc. I called there and they couldn't tell me how many they had in stock. I find it strange that no one else can seem to get their hands on them until April 21st. but this company has a whole stockpile. I am guessing that they are having them drop shipped from somewhere. I would've felt better if they could tell me from what company they were being drop shipped from. The whole conversation seemed a little strange, so I did not order.

I ordered through Dronesetc Monday night. Spoke with Shaun at Dronetc yesterday who confirmed shipment via UPS for delivery Thursday (April 17). Checked online shipping status with UPS and the drone is being shipped from Utah. Dronesetc is based in Salt Lake City. Service has been great so far. Failed to check their return policy before purchase but I've got my fingers crossed. Looking forward to the delivery truck tomorrow!

orthokid22 said:
I ordered through Dronesetc Monday night. Spoke with Shaun at Dronetc yesterday who confirmed shipment via UPS for delivery Thursday (April 17). Checked online shipping status with UPS and the drone is being shipped from Utah. Dronesetc is based in Salt Lake City. Service has been great so far. Failed to check their return policy before purchase but I've got my fingers crossed. Looking forward to the delivery truck tomorrow!

I just ordered today from Dronesetc. I also have a DJI ordered, which, I will cancel in a few moments (#3687). I found the return policy that was posted also a bit alarming, however, Dronesetc IS a authorized DJI reseller. Here is a comparison of warranty statements on DJI's site and Dronesetc site.

DJI

We value our customers in providing the best before and after sale experience. Despite our effort in offering the best service, support and warranty there are unauthorized sale channels offering quick sale with unsatisfactory after sale support. DJI continues to work with, and ensure our authorized dealers to offer after sale support and service to the highest standard. Purchases from unauthorized channels will void manufacture warranty; repair fee will be charged in addition to shipping cost.

Please contact the authorized dealers listed below in your area for your needs and supply.
if you have trouble getting in touch with a dealer, or aren’t receiving adequate support, please contact us [email protected] and we will ensure you are taken care of.

Dronesetc Return Policy

Due to the dynamic flying capabilities of our products, all PURCHASES ARE FINAL. In the case of a factory shipped faulty unit or other warranty claim, authorization from the manufacturer must be obtained prior to any exchanges through dronesetc.com. We will help you to facilitate this process as much as possible.

These parts can be complex systems, failure of one component can result in a crash or damage. The warranty does not cover, and Drones Etc., LLC. is not responsible in any way, for damage to other equipment due to a failure of a component. Drones Etc. is not responsible in any way for the use, misuse, or any injury or damage to personal property from use of any equipment purchased at dronesetc.com. Drones Etc. does not provide any warranties whatsoever and defers to the manufacturer for any complaints/warranties/guarantees as Drones Etc. does not make, manufacture, or fabricate any of the products found herein

It seems to me that Dronesetc isn't going to allow someone to return just because the experience doesn't suit them, suddenly realizes they need cash or can get something cheaper elsewhere. I don't read anywhere that if you get a lemon, they are going to leave you out in the cold. They state they will assist you with DJI, and DJI says if they don't, then DJI will assist you as Dronesetc IS an authorized reseller. http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/dealer

Since Dronesetc DOES post here, maybe they can follow up with a typical warranty\return scenario to ease potential customers minds.

DHL...just delivered mine...man this thing is the one to have...the gimbal is NICE! batts are charging now...will have video and still pics up later tonight.. :D

Big Chips said:
DHL...just delivered mine...man this thing is the one to have...the gimbal is NICE! batts are charging now...will have video and still pics up later tonight.. :D

OK, what we need now is for someone to unbox, setup, charge, read the manual out loud on a live webstream cam. Those of us without our toys need a fix.

Big Chips said:

Hi Big Chips, what was your order # ? Mine is #2962. Did DJI send you a confirmation to your email or you have to log in in DJI web site. What state you're in, I am in Connecticut. Thanks for the info, this will help me to figure out approximately when I will receive mine in the mail/front door. Thanks again.

Let the games begin...I'm starting to sweat... #3074... this is worse than the Vietnam lottery. Ok, maybe not.

my order # was 2840 and i did not get a email...i just logged in to my account on dji and checked all shipping status and updates from there.

I am not a newbie...I had to Pv2's before this and i can tell you this one has all the right stuff so far..

crashoften said:
orthokid22 said:

I just ordered today from Dronesetc. I also have a DJI ordered, which, I will cancel in a few moments (#3687). I found the return policy that was posted also a bit alarming, however, Dronesetc IS a authorized DJI reseller. Here is a comparison of warranty statements on DJI's site and Dronesetc site.

DJI

We value our customers in providing the best before and after sale experience. Despite our effort in offering the best service, support and warranty there are unauthorized sale channels offering quick sale with unsatisfactory after sale support. DJI continues to work with, and ensure our authorized dealers to offer after sale support and service to the highest standard. Purchases from unauthorized channels will void manufacture warranty; repair fee will be charged in addition to shipping cost.

Please contact the authorized dealers listed below in your area for your needs and supply.
if you have trouble getting in touch with a dealer, or aren’t receiving adequate support, please contact us [email protected] and we will ensure you are taken care of.

Dronesetc Return Policy

Due to the dynamic flying capabilities of our products, all PURCHASES ARE FINAL. In the case of a factory shipped faulty unit or other warranty claim, authorization from the manufacturer must be obtained prior to any exchanges through dronesetc.com. We will help you to facilitate this process as much as possible.

These parts can be complex systems, failure of one component can result in a crash or damage. The warranty does not cover, and Drones Etc., LLC. is not responsible in any way, for damage to other equipment due to a failure of a component. Drones Etc. is not responsible in any way for the use, misuse, or any injury or damage to personal property from use of any equipment purchased at dronesetc.com. Drones Etc. does not provide any warranties whatsoever and defers to the manufacturer for any complaints/warranties/guarantees as Drones Etc. does not make, manufacture, or fabricate any of the products found herein

It seems to me that Dronesetc isn't going to allow someone to return just because the experience doesn't suit them, suddenly realizes they need cash or can get something cheaper elsewhere. I don't read anywhere that if you get a lemon, they are going to leave you out in the cold. They state they will assist you with DJI, and DJI says if they don't, then DJI will assist you as Dronesetc IS an authorized reseller. http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/dealer

Since Dronesetc DOES post here, maybe they can follow up with a typical warranty\return scenario to ease potential customers minds.

Here's some additional explanation of our return policy. After getting hit repeatedly with dishonest customers returning a Phantom after crashing it damaging it by their own accord, we were forced to make changes to our return policy.

In the event that a customer purchases a 'lemon' or otherwise defective product, we will work with the customer and DJI to get resolution quick. Meaning, as soon as DJI says they are covering the warranty we will immediately ship out new product. If a customer makes a purchase and decides that they want to simply return their product, certain exceptions can be made. For instance, if the product is NEW and STILL IN SEALED BOX.

Again, with any kind of defective product, we will be the customer's advocate with DJI to get them a replacement as soon as possible.

Thanks for the interest and the chance to explain our policy in more depth.

dronesetc said:
crashoften said:
orthokid22 said:

DJI

Dronesetc Return Policy

Here's some additional explanation of our return policy. After getting hit repeatedly with dishonest customers returning a Phantom after crashing it damaging it by their own accord, we were forced to make changes to our return policy.

In the event that a customer purchases a 'lemon' or otherwise defective product, we will work with the customer and DJI to get resolution quick. Meaning, as soon as DJI says they are covering the warranty we will immediately ship out new product. If a customer makes a purchase and decides that they want to simply return their product, certain exceptions can be made. For instance, if the product is NEW and STILL IN SEALED BOX.

Again, with any kind of defective product, we will be the customer's advocate with DJI to get them a replacement as soon as possible.

Thanks for the interest and the chance to explain our policy in more depth.

The problem with the above statement is how exactly can you prove or disprove that any given crash was do to an actual fault or defective product vs user error?

Let's say a crash was legitimately cause my a power wire coming loose mid flight causing the unit to drop like a rock and get damaged. The dealer may argue that the wire came loose because the unit crashed versus it being a legitimate faulty soldering defect. There are definatlt problems with that policy which probably would need to be worked out on a case by case basis.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart