pre-flight check list

Reaction score
hey awesome community I took this pre flight list from the internet and was wondering if you guys think it complete or there should be more to this.I am flying my p3a for the first time and kinda scared ahha.

thank you for the help.

Matt

Attachments

• 20160801_130533_resized.jpg
    20160801_130533_resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 761
Reactions: CThruU
Looks good to me. I do the vast majority of what you listed including checking my immediate surroundings before starting the motors, out of habit. I didn't realize the list would be that long! :)

I don't format my SD card every time though.

Gotta keep remembering to put my phone into airplane mode. (that's ironic since we're flying quads). It's awkward when it rings when you're in the middle of a flight.

hey awesome community I took this pre flight list from the internet and was wondering if you guys think it complete or there should be more to this.I am flying my p3a for the first time and kinda scared ahha.

thank you for the help.

Matt

I've flown 50 times in my brief ownership. I've forgotten to put the SD card in at least 8 times. On flights where my main goal was image acquisition.

Oh well, at least I get to practice landing and taking off again. And boost my flight totals. :p

haha good avice.So just finish my first flight ever i was scared to break it haha XD.So after losing my compass ALOT i realise i forgot to put my antenna out so i am adding this to my list lol.

There's a lot on that list that I don't do and lots that are standard that will be done every time without the list.
I don't -
Check the tablet volume
Change the brightness
Run airplane mode
Turn off wifi
Format SD card
Check if the rc is on... is this really needed?¿? lol
Check if phantom is on... Duh Uh?¿?
I also don't check the values.

What I do that's not on the list is -
First -check sunlight/ surroundings and chose the appropriate ND filters and lens sun shade. Usually I run a ND16 or 32 with a GR4 on sunny days with the ND32 being preferred. After putting them on... the gimbal lock does not fit...
After starting the tablet, I close all other open pages, then I run "360 Security" to close all running apps . It's a tablet, so I leave wifi and Data on and have never had a problem. I use to turn it off as recommended but after killing all apps, it isn't needed because I fly way out in the woods. If I was in a city, I would run in airplane mode - but I don't.

Then I squeeze the clips on the battery and insert it while releasing the clip into their slots. I don't just push them in and allow them to wear down the snaps. I then try to pull it back out and make sure that it's locked in.
Calibrate compass if needed.

After the bird is ready, I take off and hover for a couple of minutes then -
Check battery levels on each cell.
Look at camera and check brightness again.
Check map to make sure that I am exactly where it says.
Set RTH to return to RC.
Make sure of Satellite connection and if running in P-GPS.
Watch bird for drift and anything out of the ordinary.
If running in Atti under tree cover, I check that VPS is on and change RC to Home Lock.
Make sure that the large red button is on or turn on the camera when ready for the shot
Take the shot or make sure that the round red button is now square and I always watch the counter to make sure that it is running perfectly every time I turn on the video camera.
Hand release or hand catch depends on the terrain. I do both when needed.

Reactions: kevinm
Nice! love that list thank you so much for taking a second to teach me a couple of things.Yes i get it that some of the stuff on my list is kinda basic logic haha.I will change it while I'm flying a little bit more.Today was the firs success flight and i didn't break anything.Now i have an error about the battery I need to figure so there I go.

Thank you everyone for giving me very good advice love this forum.Hopefully will be able to help another fellow at some point myself!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl