PP3 firmware update won't let me drag files to memory card

Reaction score
So I'm trying to update phantom pro to the latest .04... Version and after I download the files I try and drag the file to my sd card and it won't drag over. I tried to compress it and still won't let me. It will drag to other folders just not the sd (the one I need). All this because my IOC would not work so I figured I'd update my bird(lol) and remote..
PLEASE HELP BEDORE I FREAK OUT!!!
Using a Mac n also cleared my memory card and reformatted it as well
Thanks in advance
Ryan

By now you should know some files if drag and drop used, only creates a new short cut.

You need to copy, cut and paste... ;-)
Once you unzip, Only the bin file gets copied onto the micro sd card, root.

There you go, now go glue that torn pelt back on your bare pate.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers
By now you should know some files if drag and drop used, only creates a new short cut.

You need to copy, cut and paste... ;-)
Once you unzip, Only the bin file gets copied onto the micro sd card, root.

There you go, now go glue that torn pelt back on your bare pate.

RedHotPoker

Being the inquiring soul, I just tried that to satisfy my curiosity and verify that the file would indeed be a short cut if it was dragged and dropped--- I tried it and on my computer -- a the bin file dragged from the hard drive on the computer to the SD Card on a card reader in a USB drive on the computer, produced the file and not the short cut. So I thought that he may be dragging the entire compressed file and trying to update with that-- which could be the issue. I am on Windows 7 with an SSD Drive if that makes a difference-- looks like OP is using a MAC :D:D:D:D

I think the lock was on on the ad card!! How silly was that lol
Update went well but my app did not update anything.. Any input on the app?

Hahaha, that was a thought, but no... Lock? Too easy.
Which versions are you on, App, radio controller and Phantom bird?

Enjoy the journey to discovery... It's an E rYde. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

I upgraded and no longer get flight logs - not even the folder. Uninstalling makes no difference.
DJI need to supply an uninstall app so people like us can do a completely fresh install. Are you there DJI?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl