Possible Litchi issues?!?! P3A

Reaction score
G'day everyone!
I recently took my old girl out for a bit of a flutter after some time tucked away.
I charged all my batteries, plugged them into the bird, confirmed charge levels and had a bit of a fly around my home.
I got the old girl out a ways when I got a 0% battery flash in the Litchi app and I lost all control of the bird and it maintained a hover.
At this point, my signal was showing as full, had excellent connection across the board and aside from the battery issue everything seemed hunky dory.Then battery came back and I got the bird home without any issues, flew it around close by and landed, easy as you like.
Fast forward to following day and I take it to a local spot. Fly out, go not very far at all and same thing happens, except this time all my video, flight logs and everything is gone, Like I never even flew.
Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? It's never happened to me before as is a bit worrisome.
FYI I can't fly with the DJI app as it simply won't connect with my android tablet and there's no Apple products in this household.
Any help or thoughts appreciated.

Fast forward to following day and I take it to a local spot. Fly out, go not very far at all and same thing happens, except this time all my video, flight logs and everything is gone, Like I never even flew.
That is very odd. You don't suppose you had a system update and/or app update in the midst of being in the air do you? Updates at times will clear out cache and at times stored files. If you had your Wi-Fi on while in the air and did not have all your device auto-updates turned off, I could see that happening, but it would be very coincidental and stretching things a bit quite honestly.

I have had this happen once .I was never quite sure of the cause .I changed cables and it didn't happen again So maybe the cable wasn't pushed in enough or was faulty ?

That is very odd. You don't suppose you had a system update and/or app update in the midst of being in the air do you? Updates at times will clear out cache and at times stored files. If you had your Wi-Fi on while in the air and did not have all your device auto-updates turned off, I could see that happening, but it would be very coincidental and stretching things a bit quite honestly.

I generally fly in "airplane mode" as my Tab8 is 4G capable to avoid situations such as this. Come to think of it though, I don't recall switching to flight mode before flying. However I don't have automatic updates enabled on any of my devices.
It's truly bizarre because I got the "recording started" voice prompt and whatnot during the flight, but no files, when it worked fine the day before. Everything about this is odd!

I have had this happen once .I was never quite sure of the cause .I changed cables and it didn't happen again So maybe the cable wasn't pushed in enough or was faulty ?
That's interesting! Might be worth trying a different cable. Thanks for the reply!

Strange things can be caused by the SD card. My V 2.0 yesterday stopped showing video feed and all gimbal movements were stopped. After a couple of hours checking everything (DJI GO 4 app) showed no video signal warning and loss of gimbal connection! I fly only Litchi but resorted to GO 4 for troubleshooting. Then I swapped the SD card with its twin and everything worked! I removed the card and gave usual warning but still worked. I checked bad card in computer. It still had last three flights intact. I reformatted that card and it started working! So, how does the video AND gimbal control commands get blocked by a bad SD card??? Very strange at least to me. I’ve pisted that question here and hoping someone knows and will reply.

So try a different card just in case.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Strange things can be caused by the SD card. My V 2.0 yesterday stopped showing video feed and all gimbal movements were stopped. After a couple of hours checking everything (DJI GO 4 app) showed no video signal warning and loss of gimbal connection! I fly only Litchi but resorted to GO 4 for troubleshooting. Then I swapped the SD card with its twin and everything worked! I removed the card and gave usual warning but still worked. I checked bad card in computer. It still had last three flights intact. I reformatted that card and it started working! So, how does the video AND gimbal control commands get blocked by a bad SD card??? Very strange at least to me. I’ve pisted that question here and hoping someone knows and will reply.

So try a different card just in case.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

At this point I'll try anything! It's an odd story indeed Jim, but I've heard of stranger things!
I'll give that a crack and see what happens. Thanks for the reply and happy flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures