Poor images today

If you are used to using RAW and have suitable software it gives the best results.
The JPGs are OK but don't respond so well to further processing.
The only thing you can change is the ISO and shutter, both seem as expected for a bright but part cloudy day.
Thanks, I don,t know why they came out so bad then, as they are the same settings I used all last year

this is one I took last year
DJI_0005.JPG

Thanks, I don,t know why they came out so bad then, as they are the same settings I used all last year
Actually, they're NOT the same settings. See EXIF data attached. VERY different.

Attachments

• DJI-0005EXIF.jpg
    DJI-0005EXIF.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 264
  • DJI-0033EXIF.jpg
    DJI-0033EXIF.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 264
how do i change to auto exposure, I cant seem to find the option

Yes/No/Maybe. I hope i made that clear....:)

If you understand what you're doing, manual exposure can give you results you can't get otherwise - or if you do, it will be luck. IMO, since you're new to photography, if you need the "best results you can get" right away - auto-exposure would probably be your best option. That said, I'd suggest you do a little research and learn a little about camera settings and how they are affected by environment. Lighting, haze, dust in the air etc., all play into the result you can get with manual settings.

One last note - keep in mind that you're not going to get professional level photos from any DJI UAV as of today. You CAN get very good photos but the camera is simply too limited to get pro shots.

I have just had a reply from the estate agents after showing them that last photo I took last year and they said that is exactly what they are looking for, I hope I can reproduce, ive looked at the settings for manual and auto exposure, the 3 lines are grey and were yresterday but it still returned manual exposure when it should of been auto, also just connected my ipad and controller and my settings had all gone back, from raw to jpeg, 14.3 to 16.9 and returned to custom, so I dont know what happened there.

I think you need to learn more about the P3 and photography than I can help you with. You're first and foremost, going to need to at least read the P3 manual so you understand why settings aren't being saved. There's a lot missing from DJI's manuals, but the basics are there and you do not understand those basics.

You can learn a lot in a short time just by doing some internet searches. I suggest start with the DJI manual, then search. Good luck.

Reactions: grottoli and mick

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl