POLL: Average age of a Phantom flyer

All I can say is OOPS! I saw the first screen and had no idea there were NINETEEN of them. The multiple posts are because I kept looking at the front page and wondering why my post never showed (blush). Sorry guys for taking up so much space. Try to have some patience with the old guy, although now after reading more of the posts, I feel younger already...

Unwise cool that everyone whatever your age has this hobby. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

39 here. Been flying since last October. My wife was nice enough to get me my first quad for my birthday.

82 now, be 83 next month. Wife surprised me with a V2+ on Christmas - REALLY a surprise! Previous RC experience, about 40 years ago used to play with hydroplanes, the nice thing about them is, when things go wrong, they're usually easily retrieved. Living on 10 acres in the Arizona desert, I'm able to fly pretty much every day.

53 here. Been flying RC on and off since I was 15. I like to claim that my flying career began with RC planes. Fly Boeing 767s now but the Phantom 2 is more fun! I've taken my Phantom all around the world and have some great video footage. Good stuff!

As a dealer in St. George, UTAH knowing the sales all the Phantom series, accessories, and I believe the Average age is 37, at least in this part of the area. Sure some 50 year olds and 18 year olds, but maybe 37. We are at http://www.djistores.com. We are a subsidiary of BRADYCOMM company focuses on govt, commercial, and consumer DJI products. Saw them demo the insight last week in St. George, UT. Best dealer in town in the midwest or southwest Utah where there is so much beautiful landscape.

52 here
my 26 yr old son bought his first Nano Qx after flying mine during his christmas visit,
and he's hooked on the sport also now!
( but he doesn't have a phantom yet)

Wow, well said..I am 67 and can finally afford a few things. I love all the technology in todays world and my Phantom Vision 2 gives me hours of fun while still learning ! Never too old to learn. My friends call me "gadget guy". Plus I really got into DLSR Photography awhile back and now I love the aerial views I can get with the Phantom.

I guess when you think about it, how many younger people can afford one of these somewhat expense quads and all the mods that tend to go with it. A lot of us "seniors" (67 years old ) most likely didn't have the means to buy these toys until later in life and we still like to play ! So I am not surprised to see people in their 60's and 70's still having a good time - now that the kids are gone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164