PolarPro ND Filters from Best Buy

Reaction score
So I stopped into my local Best Buy this afternoon and low and behold they had two sets of the PolarPro ND filters in stock for the Phantom 4 Pro. I decided to give them a try and cancel my DJI order if they worked out. What I am wondering is are these the same ones you buy from PolarPro's website? The reason I ask is that these have a different colored aluminum frame around the glass than what is shown on the PolarPro website. The frames are black. The ones on the website are goldfish brown looking to me. These look good to me, I'm just wondering if these are the same quality as the one on PolarPro's website?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Sometimes when looking at something like that on a website, the colors can be inaccurate. Probably the same.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

They are likely the same product, I would love to hear what you think about the filters though. I've been looking to get some and am unsure what brand to go with.

I haven't seen the DJI but I have a set of the Polar Pro Shutter series for the P4P and they appear to be of high quality, and the elements are glass. I'm quite happy with them.

The PolarPro I picked up this weekend from BB, are the push on (cheap) set of 3. After trying to push them on and take them off a few times, I'm a little leery of damage to the gimbal. Any other opinions on these? They're the ones that are on clearance from $50 to $15.

I have not used the push-on filters myself but there are a lot of complaints about them on Amazon, both in installation stress on the gimbal and additional weight causing problems in operation. The Shutter series (gold colored) filters screw on and only weigh 1.8 grams more than the stock UV filter, so weight is not an issue.

I have not used the push-on filters myself but there are a lot of complaints about them on Amazon, both in installation stress on the gimbal and additional weight causing problems in operation. The Shutter series (gold colored) filters screw on and only weigh 1.2 grams more than the stock UV filter, so weight is not an issue.
Thanks smiller. When I saw the price drop that low I thought...cheap date. Not worth having the gimbal die just to see if they work. I'll spring for something better.

I have a set and I think they are great. They do an excellent job of slowing down the shutter speed on those crazy bright days.

Still learning so much and the filters are just one more piece to learn. Figuring out the right settings is kind of driving me a little crazy

Still learning so much and the filters are just one more piece to learn. Figuring out the right settings is kind of driving me a little crazy

Start at ISO 100 on a sunny say. Set WB to daylight or sunny. Put an ND16 on and bring up your histogram. With camera on Manual and shutter speed set to 60 (or 2x your frame rate), adjust your f-stop for a good even distribution. Your exposure should be in the neighborhood of f5.6 with this setup. +/- a stop or so is fine depending on your lighting. Cheers.

Take a look here for a better summary..
F-Stop, Shutter speed and ISO. A refresher in what it all means.

Start at ISO 100 on a sunny say. Set WB to daylight or sunny. Put an ND16 on and bring up your histogram. With camera on Manual and shutter speed set to 60 (or 2x your frame rate), adjust your f-stop for a good even distribution. Your exposure should be in the neighborhood of f5.6 with this setup. +/- a stop or so is fine depending on your lighting. Cheers.

Take a look here for a better summary..
F-Stop, Shutter speed and ISO. A refresher in what it all means.

Lol thanks. Think you lost me after start off with a sunny day. That won't happen for me for a few more months. I will check out that link, just need to learn how to adjust and play around

So I stopped into my local Best Buy this afternoon and low and behold they had two sets of the PolarPro ND filters in stock for the Phantom 4 Pro. I decided to give them a try and cancel my DJI order if they worked out. What I am wondering is are these the same ones you buy from PolarPro's website? The reason I ask is that these have a different colored aluminum frame around the glass than what is shown on the PolarPro website. The frames are black. The ones on the website are goldfish brown looking to me. These look good to me, I'm just wondering if these are the same quality as the one on PolarPro's website?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
which ones did you find? so far i have only found a 3 pack kit with nd4, nd8, and nd16. I can't find any info on best buys site though

Got them for my P3-4K and have no issues at all so far... using the ND4 for now and liking it... just be smart when installing and taking them off by holding the camera firmly.

d74929705e958a6a5fb101be3e016b9b.jpg

Got them for my P3-4K and have no issues at all so far... using the ND4 for now and liking it... just be smart when installing and taking them off by holding the camera firmly.
Have you noticed any issues with Gimbal movement or strain?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4