Non DJI ND filters void warranty.

Reaction score
As my aerial photography business continues to grow, so too do my expenses. The next expense coming down the pipeline is a set of ND filters. I really like the PolarPro filters but from what I have read, they void the warranty. I cant find this anywhere but the forums but I really dont want to void the warranty if possible. So are the DJI branded ones any good or are the PolarPro worth the void.

As my aerial photography business continues to grow, so too do my expenses. The next expense coming down the pipeline is a set of ND filters. I really like the PolarPro filters but from what I have read, they void the warranty. I cant find this anywhere but the forums but I really dont want to void the warranty if possible. So are the DJI branded ones any good or are the PolarPro worth the void.
Don't think you'll have to worry about ND voiding your warranty man. First of all there is no way to prove that you ever had them on. LOL Your good! Just get the Polar Pro's! You'll love them. I recommend the Cinema Shutter collection to start with. You get an 6,16 and a 32. They are excellent quality!

I have Polar Pro for my P3P. They're excellent.

I got DJI for my P4P. Another user reported that he had to reglue a DJI ND lens simply because he pushed the glass out of the frame while cleaning it. Also, the DJI lenses are not marked. I put little dots of paint on mine to tell them apart without having to hold them up to the light. Despite these foibles, the DJI ND filters also excellent. I don't know the weight of the Polar Pro filters but the DJI filters each weigh 3g, same as the stock UV filter.

filtermarking.jpg

The polar Pro ND8 weighs 0.15oz compared to 0.05oz (msinger did a great review a while back). Denied warranty would be limited to a gimble motor failure and would require DJI demonstrate the polar Pro filter directly contributed to the issue.

My phantom 3 has performed flawlessly with the polar Pro filters. I would have fitted the standard DJI filter if returned for warranty work however.

Reactions: smokinsound
DJI could decide to not honor their warranty if you use filters that damage the gimbal. I've never heard of anyone being denied a warranty claim due to using 3rd party filters though. You definitely won't have a problem if you use PolarPro filters or any of these commonly used filters.

Read the DJI warranty. Wherever they void the warranty it is because of "damage due to".

So as long as the filters don't damage anything, they have no effect on warranty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.