PolarPro Cinema Series filters

I dont seem to find any polar pro filters that are just straight ND filters. Like 4,8 and 16. They all seem to rotate for polarizing . and they are high. I really font need 32 and 64. Im not shooting beaches or snow. Is there not a set that does not rotate. A little hard to turn that filter when flying :)

Jeff, I shoot mainly real estate homes for sale so Im not around much water or snow etc.... What filters do you recommend.. Not sure if I really need polarized filters on my shoots. My angles are always changing so do I go with the straight ND filters
Thats a great question, it really comes down to your personal preference. The polarizer filters could help while filming houses by reducing reflections from the roof, glass doors, grass in the yard, pools, leaving more saturated colors. Using the polarizers will require a little more effort with rotating them and setting polarization. The ND/PL's would be my personal go to filters for this type of filming, but I know we have a lot of real estate videographers who are just using the straight ND's filters so they can send the bird up and film quickly.

I would say you would spend an extra 5 to 8 minutes on each house landing the P4 and setting polarization for different angles, to me it would be worth it, but everyone has their own filming style.

Let me know if you have any other questions, more than happy to help!

Jeff

Reactions: bruno.baptista.355
I dont seem to find any polar pro filters that are just straight ND filters. Like 4,8 and 16. They all seem to rotate for polarizing . and they are high. I really font need 32 and 64. Im not shooting beaches or snow. Is there not a set that does not rotate. A little hard to turn that filter when flying :)
Here are the sets available:
1. Gunmetal Edition- This one has the CP filter, ND4, and ND8 filter (the ND4 and ND8 do not rotate)
DJI Phantom 4 Filter 3-Pack

2. Cinema Series-Shutter Collection- This one picks up where the Gunmetal Edition leaves off: ND16, ND32, ND64, all non rotate.
DJI Phantom 4 Filters - Cinema Series - Shutter Collection

3. You can also shoot me an email and build any set you would like!
[email protected]

Hey Jeff. I've been following along on this thread and am liking what I'm seeing. First of all this is my first set of filters... Which would u recommend to purchase first? Second, are you still offering the case and lock when ordering thru your site? Thanks for all the great advice here on this post!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Awesome! I think the Cinema Series Vivid or Shutter Collection would get you at the shutter speeds needed for most video, just depends on if you want the Polarizers vs the straight ND's. We are absolutely still including the cases and lens covers when you purchase on the site, just shoot me an email with the order number so I can add them in!
[email protected]

-Jeff

Matt122, what was your camera settings on that still, it's very sharp. I have trouble when light starts getting low like that.
I was using an ND4 just to diffuse the natural light from the sunset. My ISO was somewhere around 400 and I had my shutter set at 1/120.

Last edited:
Are you guys just adjusting until your screen looks good. I thought I wanted a iso of 100 and a shutter speed at 1/60 if Im filming at 30 fps

Are you guys just adjusting until your screen looks good. I thought I wanted a iso of 100 and a shutter speed at 1/60 if Im filming at 30 fps

Great question,

Step 1 is to select the proper strength ND rating to get you at 1/60th at 100 ISO

Step 2 is to rotate the polarizer until you see the desired polarization effect on your monitor.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jeff

Great question,

Step 1 is to select the proper strength ND rating to get you at 1/60th at 100 ISO

Step 2 is to rotate the polarizer until you see the desired polarization effect on your monitor.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jeff

Jeff, so since my last post, which you answered promptly, thank you :), a couple topics have come up. One was about shooting real estate video and photos. I'm a realtor and am using my drone for aerial photography. However I also use my drone for landscape as well. Landscape including lakes and mountains. In knowing this, just tell me what I have to buy. I can tell that you're the professional when it comes to filters. And I'm still at the beginning phase of my filter knowledge so… I'll take your word as a professional and start my collection

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Jeff, so since my last post, which you answered promptly, thank you :), a couple topics have come up. One was about shooting real estate video and photos. I'm a realtor and am using my drone for aerial photography. However I also use my drone for landscape as well. Landscape including lakes and mountains. In knowing this, just tell me what I have to buy. I can tell that you're the professional when it comes to filters. And I'm still at the beginning phase of my filter knowledge so… I'll take your word as a professional and start my collection

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
My personal recommendation would be to get the Cinema Series Vivid Collection. These are the Polarizers, and generally you will be using the ND8/PL and ND16/PL most of the time. Be sure to get familiar with how to set the polarizer filters. If you are not liking the polarizers after awhile just shoot me an email and we will swap it out for the straight ND's, I would recommend starting with the Vivid Collection and add filters to your collection as you see fit.
DJI Phantom 4 Filters - Cinema Series - Vivid Collection
Shoot me an email with the order number so I can add a P4 Lens cover for you!
Hope that helps!
-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I've been reading through the thread (all 12 pages) and it is filled with great information. One question though...

I just got into drone photography (but have photography experience) and am hoping to do some sailing/boating photography along with a number of shots over water. I also have some potential real estate shoots in the works.

I understand the value of polarizers and how they need to be rotated but I hope to be shooting sailing races, videos for coaching sailing and other shots over water and want to be able to rotate around and follow subjects. I would think this would make it difficult to use polarized filters but it looks like a number of the filters are both ND and polarized.

Also a little concerned about lots of landing and taking off from a boat (which I may be doing).

What do you recommend for a filter set? I hope to do both still and video.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jeff,

I've been reading through the thread (all 12 pages) and it is filled with great information. One question though...

I just got into drone photography (but have photography experience) and am hoping to do some sailing/boating photography along with a number of shots over water. I also have some potential real estate shoots in the works.

I understand the value of polarizers and how they need to be rotated but I hope to be shooting sailing races, videos for coaching sailing and other shots over water and want to be able to rotate around and follow subjects. I would think this would make it difficult to use polarized filters but it looks like a number of the filters are both ND and polarized.

Also a little concerned about lots of landing and taking off from a boat (which I may be doing).

What do you recommend for a filter set? I hope to do both still and video.

Thanks,

Jim
Hey Jim,

Great question, this scenario is a little different because it is a lot harder to take off and land.
Personally, I have not done any high production level shoots that I needed to align the polarizer for each scene while on a boat.
I have done it just for fun and what I do is align the polarizer shooting away from the sun and take off.
Even when you change angles it will still polarize some light (just like polarized sunglasses) which is better than no polarization in my opinion.

Tip: When you set the polarizer try having a friend hold the P4 and align the polarizer with the gimbal pointing downward (mimic how it will be shooting the scene from above).

The Cinema Series-Vivid Collection is our most popular and also my personal favorite, especially for photos the polarizers will reduce glare and boost color saturation.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Jeff

Hey Jim, I just bought a set so I could test 'em out for you. Hopefully I'll remember to report back.

NoCo Drones

Reactions: Jlodico
Thanks Jeff.

So even if the angle to the sun changes and the polarization angle isn't properly aligned, the polarization should help (and not mess up other parts of the image?) .

I envision following and even circling the boat all in the same shot which would result in changing angles to the sun. I guess anything into the sun is going to be hard to compensate on a bright day though.

Aligning while pointing down or at least the planned angle makes sense.

Thanks for your help. I'll check out the Vivid filters.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Great question, this scenario is a little different because it is a lot harder to take off and land.
Personally, I have not done any high production level shoots that I needed to align the polarizer for each scene while on a boat.
I have done it just for fun and what I do is align the polarizer shooting away from the sun and take off.
Even when you change angles it will still polarize some light (just like polarized sunglasses) which is better than no polarization in my opinion.

Tip: When you set the polarizer try having a friend hold the P4 and align the polarizer with the gimbal pointing downward (mimic how it will be shooting the scene from above).

The Cinema Series-Vivid Collection is our most popular and also my personal favorite, especially for photos the polarizers will reduce glare and boost color saturation.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Jeff

I really like the cinema series filters. They are very easy to clean and provide clear, vivid imaging. They work best when shooting in a single direction. It's a little challenging with waypoints as the orientation to the sun changes and polarization will appear different (particularly noticeable in the sky). This is not unique to these filters, but evident with any polarizer. Here are two of my clips using these filters.

Great videos! Where do you get your music from?

Reactions: 2nd2non
I license through audio jungle or Musicbed. If you're not going commercial, there are several free locations like freemusicarchive.org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So as an architect, I have done a lot of SLR/DSLR photography over the years, and definitely appreciate what polarized filters have to offer when photographing buildings, especially ones with a lot of glass. I also understand the concept of rotating the lens to establish the best exposure and reducing the glare in the windows. My question is will a polarized lens still offer enhanced images even though it may not be perfectly set for the exact correct polarization (I.e. If the polorization is slightly off, as I think it would be very difficult without a lot of trial and error), will it still produce a better image than a straight ND filter.
It is my understanding that while the ND filter will certainly enhance the color in the photo it won't do much for the glare/reflection from Windows and water.

Jeff, I received my set of lenses right before we took off on our trip to the lake... Thanks for your prompt service! Here's what I came up with

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure if anyone has raised it before but I'm super keen on the filters but am holding off cause i can't quite get the set I want.

Really would like a ND8, ND16 and ND32 all in cinema glass. Maybe add a ND8 with PL at a later date.

Polarpro guys is there any chance of organising that? or will it cost a big premium?

I haven't bought any polarpro products yet but I'm already impressed with their service. Keep up the good work guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka