PolarPro Cinema Series filters

Reaction score
Well the weekend is here and I finally got to take flight with the new filters. It's amazing how much better the photos and videos come out when you setup the equipment correctly. The ND16/PL has been amazing today and I can already see the need for an ND32!

20160507_154619.jpg

Just got the Professional series. Six filters. It's a mix of the ND filters and the PL/ND hybrids. Can't wait to see how some of the photos and video turn out. :)

Just got the Professional series. Six filters. It's a mix of the ND filters and the PL/ND hybrids. Can't wait to see how some of the photos and video turn out. :)

I saw those and almost pulled the trigger on them. Now that I'm finding that in some conditions I need to jump up to a 32, I'm wishing I would have bought those. I may have to just pick up the shutter collection to fill in the gap.

Well the weekend is here and I finally got to take flight with the new filters. It's amazing how much better the photos and videos come out when you setup the equipment correctly. The ND16/PL has been amazing today and I can already see the need for an ND32!

View attachment 52941
Thats a good looking set of filters!
Thank you very much for supporting us

Will the stock gimbal lock that comes with the P4 still fit with these? It doesn't look like it from these photos. Also what about the weight, are they much heavier than the stock lens cover?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jcoreyemt
Will the stock gimbal lock that comes with the P4 still fit with these? It doesn't look like it from these photos. Also what about the weight, are they much heavier than the stock lens cover?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
The stock gimbal lock will not fit. We made one that does fit, and if you purchase our filters shoot me an email and I will send one to you.

They add net 3 grams to the gimbal which is well within its operating capacity.

Email: [email protected]

Is there a comparison somewhere between the PolarPro Pro 6 Filter set and the PolarPro Cenima filters? Is there a visible difference that makes the extra $ worthwhile? I'm trying to decide which set to order for my P4.

P.S. I'm sold on PolarPro as I bought the 32ND PL for a trip to Miami and the image quality of the PolarPro filter vs my cheap set of other filters is very noticeable. As in MUCH better.

Reactions: Jcoreyemt
Is there a comparison somewhere between the PolarPro Pro 6 Filter set and the PolarPro Cinema filters? Is there a visible difference that makes the extra $ worthwhile? I'm trying to decide which set to order for my P4.

P.S. I'm sold on PolarPro as I bought the 32ND PL for a trip to Miami and the image quality of the PolarPro filter vs my cheap set of other filters is very noticeable. As in MUCH better.
Hey Bart,
The biggest difference noticed will be with lens flaring. The Cinema Series are coated and reduce lens flaring, you will see a difference when shooting into the sun. The glass quality differences are only going to be seen if you are punching in or cropping the 4K resolutions and even then it will be a pretty minimal difference. If you had the 2 side by side at 1080 as a youtube video, most likely the only difference you would see is the AR coating helping reduce lens flaring.

Jeff

Thanks for the info. I just ordered both Cinema Series for my P4.
FYI... Jeff, check your email.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PolarPro
PolarPro, if I order a set of your filters right now will you send the gimbal guard with the order. And how long delivery to Canada

PolarPro, if I order a set of your filters right now will you send the gimbal guard with the order. And how long delivery to Canada
You will need to shoot me an email: [email protected] after you order, as this deal is for Phantom Pilot users only. I will then add it into the shipment!

Canadian Post: $14.99 (7 to 14 days)
DHL: $34.99 (2 to 3 days)

Thanks!
Jeff

Can you post a direct link to these filters please PolarPro. Can't seem to find them

I really like the cinema series filters. They are very easy to clean and provide clear, vivid imaging. They work best when shooting in a single direction. It's a little challenging with waypoints as the orientation to the sun changes and polarization will appear different (particularly noticeable in the sky). This is not unique to these filters, but evident with any polarizer. Here are two of my clips using these filters.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl