PolarPro Cinema Series filters

I understand but my question is how do you adjust max/min affect? There doesn't seem to be any type of indication on the lens. it just spins around.

Unless DJI and PolarPro got together and tooled their thread patterns to index the same for every one and the filter manufacturing plant indexes the glass filter the same on every filter ring, having an indicator mark would just make the filters cost 3x or more. Not to mention, that max polarized zone changes with the sun's azimuth throughout the day.

Quick way to orient yourself is to use your fingers of a hand and make like a gun (just like you were a kid). Point your index finger towards the sun. Now if you rotate your hand around your index finger, the arc your thumb points to is your max polarization zone. Point your drone's camera in that direction and while looking at the video feed on your tablet, slowly rotate the filter and note the darkening of the sky or foliage or reduced refraction on water. Once you hit the max effect, if you keep rotating the filter, the effect will begin to diminish. Just like focusing an old camera lens. When you get the max effect, just give knock it down by a 1/4 turn if you plan on having a lot of sky in your shots.

Reactions: PolarPro
I understand but my question is how do you adjust max/min affect? There doesn't seem to be any type of indication on the lens. it just spins around.
First, thanks for purchasing our filters and supporting our brand!
Here is a video on how to align the polarizers. I like your feedback on having a mark, but you will still need to do the pre-flight orientation with or without a mark so we leave it off. The polarization angle changes as the sun changes angles through the sky.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff

Reactions: Trinimon
Hello all. New to the drone world and getting into it very fast. Thinking of purchasing the PolarPro shutter collection for my P4. Mainly for videos over the water in south Florida. Would that be a good match for my sunny condition or is there a better set like the vivid.

Also if Jeff can advise if the gimbal lock is still being included with the purchase.

Thank you all in advanced.

Hello all. New to the drone world and getting into it very fast. Thinking of purchasing the PolarPro shutter collection for my P4. Mainly for videos over the water in south Florida. Would that be a good match for my sunny condition or is there a better set like the vivid.

Also if Jeff can advise if the gimbal lock is still being included with the purchase.

Not sure what the diff is but I have had the Cinema Collection on my reg P4 for over 6 months and love them! In fact, I'm waiting on my new Cinema Collection for my new P4P that I just opened yesterday. They said they will sending out in late December I think.

Yes absolutely, just shoot me your order number and I can get the P4 Lens Cover added into your order!
[email protected]

-Jeff

Yes absolutely, just shoot me your order number and I can get the P4 Lens Cover added into your order!
[email protected]

-Jeff
Just sent you the email Jeff. Absolutely love your cinema collection and have ordered it for my new P4P that I just received yesterday. Thanks so much for the gimble protector too. Loved it on my P4 So quick and easy to throw on.

Not sure what the diff is but I have had the Cinema Collection on my reg P4 for over 6 months and love them! In fact, I'm waiting on my new Cinema Collection for my new P4P that I just opened yesterday. They said they will sending out in late December I think.

Good to hear. I can't wait to get them.

[email protected]

-Jeff
Hello Jeff, hope you don't mind this message. I actually shot you an email a little bit ago. I purchased the PolarPro Cinema Series VIVID Collection 3 filter pack today. Is this only through the official site or through 3rd party retailers as well? I purchased it through Best Buy. Just curious. Thanks! And I apologize if this was covered already. I read through most of this thread, but didn't see this question.

Hello Jeff, hope you don't mind this message. I actually shot you an email a little bit ago. I purchased the PolarPro Cinema Series VIVID Collection 3 filter pack today. Is this only through the official site or through 3rd party retailers as well? I purchased it through Best Buy. Just curious. Thanks! And I apologize if this was covered already. I read through most of this thread, but didn't see this question.

As long as it is for the P4 then we can send one. We do not have a lens cover for the P4PRO.
Thanks!
-Jeff

Reactions: antnyp85
As long as it is for the P4 then we can send one. We do not have a lens cover for the P4PRO.
Thanks!
-Jeff
Awesome, thanks, and sorry to bother you. Yes, it's for the P4. I'm new to the filters. I read through the posts, and I saw that you prefer the polarized filters, which is what I purchased. I'm new to using filters, and am looking forward to learning to use these. Do you recommend any other filters for regular use, or will these be okay for all the time? So far I've been doing more photography than videos. I'm curious which, if any, would be best for photography. Thanks again for your great customer service!

Awesome, thanks, and sorry to bother you. Yes, it's for the P4. I'm new to the filters. I read through the posts, and I saw that you prefer the polarized filters, which is what I purchased. I'm new to using filters, and am looking forward to learning to use these. Do you recommend any other filters for regular use, or will these be okay for all the time? So far I've been doing more photography than videos. I'm curious which, if any, would be best for photography. Thanks again for your great customer service!
I think the ND/PL's will be great start. If you find yourself needing the stronger ND filters you can always add the Shutter Collection down the road.
Thank you very much for the order,
-Jeff

Reactions: antnyp85

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1