Polar pro filters

Reaction score
Just tried my new polar pro filters on the phantom 3 standard and they are a bit loose !
Filters look great and cut the tropical sun down nice but I'm afraid they are going to drop off and at $50 not cheap.Waiting to hear back from polar pro anyone else come across this problem ? Steve

Hi there, I also am interested in hearing more details about this. Let me know the outcome.

When I bought mine in the package was some little black cushions that peel and stick to the inside of the filter to make them fit snug. I only used one on one filter.

When I bought mine in the package was some little black cushions that peel and stick to the inside of the filter to make them fit snug. I only used one on one filter.

This, although I like to use 3 of those cushion stickers. 9 of them come in the filter package.

Hi guys thanks for the replies ,there was no foam spacers in the package I received .Tried one of the filters on my friends phantom 3 pro and it fit great nice and snug .On the package it says the filters are for the phantom 3 and 4 the standard has a different camera to the other phantoms hence the need for the spacers ? Don't think polar pro should be selling these filters for the standard what do you guys think ? Steve

Don't think polar pro should be selling these filters for the standard what do you guys think ?
I'm assuming Polar Pro designed these filters for the Standard since screw-on filters cannot be used. The issue might be that the P3S cameras have slightly different different tolerances -- hence the need for optional spacers. I had a similar issue with my SRP slide-on filters (they were too tight). And, I've seen other people say the SRP filters fit just fine.

The P3S uses push-on style filters. If the ones you bought said P3 and P4, they mean P3A and P3P, not standard. The P4 and P3A/P use screw-on style filters.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The P3S uses push-on style filters. If the ones you bought said P3 and P4, they mean P3A and P3P, not standard. The P4 and P3A/P use screw-on style filters.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
The filters were advertised on Amazon as fitting the standard not advanced or pro and yes they are push on not screw on .But the box says p3 or p4 and a small note inside says if they are a loose fit to use spacers (not supplied in my box) steve

Bummer. I take it there are no threads on the inside of those filters right? Someone probably forgot to package the foam shims? If it is the correct filters, contact PolarPro on this forum or customer support and I'm sure they'll look into it. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Well here is my update ,contacted polar pro and they sent me the missing foam shims 6 not 9 as someone else mentioned. In the meantime I stuck some double sided scotchtape on the camera and used the pld filter and the nd8 and they worked great. Still think it sucks that you pay $50 for filters that are so loose you have to stick them on though ! Steve

One filter will not work in every situation. Here's a chart showing what you will need:

Filter-Use-Chart.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl