Polar Filters

32 could be useful on bright days and the 64 could be useful if you ever fly over snow covered ground.

Perfect. Thank you.
Terry

Msinger, thank you for all your hard work in putting together a very informative presentation involving filters most if not all of us use on our various Phantoms.

Reactions: msinger
Hello,
My Polar Pro Cinema filters come today. Will I really need to recalibrate my gimbal on my P3P? If so, how do I do it?
Thank you,
Terry

Last edited:
I can't recommend the PolarPro filters enough! If you are looking for a "film" look, cutting your shutter speed to 1/50th (for 24 fps shooting), you'll want the Cinema Series. Keep the ISO as low as possible and you'll be using the higher ND filters as your default, even on days when it's not super sunny and you're not over snow, water, or desert. Shoot log color and manual settings for everything else if you can. Lots of good YouTube videos out there explaining ideal settings and how to later grade your footage in post, but learn to use the histogram and exposure meter in the DJI GO App to assist you.

I haven't experienced any extra weight drawbacks, but I'd avoid anything other than just the filter on your camera (so, don't use a lens hood or a pop-on filter). I also haven't had the discoloration issue some report with the regular filters from PolarPro.

Reactions: Blessed77
I can't recommend the PolarPro filters enough! If you are looking for a "film" look, cutting your shutter speed to 1/50th (for 24 fps shooting), you'll want the Cinema Series. Keep the ISO as low as possible and you'll be using the higher ND filters as your default, even on days when it's not super sunny and you're not over snow, water, or desert. Shoot log color and manual settings for everything else if you can. Lots of good YouTube videos out there explaining ideal settings and how to later grade your footage in post, but learn to use the histogram and exposure meter in the DJI GO App to assist you.

I haven't experienced any extra weight drawbacks, but I'd avoid anything other than just the filter on your camera (so, don't use a lens hood or a pop-on filter). I also haven't had the discoloration issue some report with the regular filters from PolarPro.

Wow, that's very helpful. Thank you.
Terry

Reactions: tyknows
Drone-world makes an awesome set of polarized ND filters and they come in a great case as well. I like the polar or but they pale compared to the quality and precision to the ones from drone-world. Also, unless you are modifying dslr filters they aren't going to be an issue. Our servos are not so precise that they have zero power more than exactly needed to move in a non-flying and still envronment. They hAve wind and high speed maneuvers working against them. A filter will not make the difference. Myth (as far as overloading the gimbal).

Drone-world makes an awesome set of polarized ND filters and they come in a great case as well. I like the polar or but they pale compared to the quality and precision to the ones from drone-world. Also, unless you are modifying dslr filters they aren't going to be an issue. Our servos are not so precise that they have zero power more than exactly needed to move in a non-flying and still envronment. They hAve wind and high speed maneuvers working against them. A filter will not make the difference. Myth (as far as overloading the gimbal).
So I shouldn't be concerned about the slip-on filters, I take it?

So I shouldn't be concerned about the slip-on filters, I take it?

I bought the Polar Pro Cinema Shutter series directly from Polar Pro. They include a very nice case, too. Mine are screw on. Removing the original UV filter is a little tough because it's sealed on. Once you break that seal, you are good to go. I used a latex glove and was careful not to squeeze or pinch it. Worked perfect.
Terry

Reactions: Trinimon
I use ND 120 filters made by Ragecam and they slip on and off. These are the ones that work best for me without any problems. They are a bit expensive but I haven't had any trouble using them. The one on the left is an ND 120 Ragecam filter. The one on the right is a polarizing filter. Hope this will help you out...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 228

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT