Please Help Quad Destroyed

Its interesting you say one supplier said they had no retunrs.

I also spoke to a few AU plces and one had 5 out of 25 returned (if i recall) and the other had no returns... very odd... I don't think either is lying.

Looks like they have no clue on the dji forum either. Some people saying you need 4.06 then another guy says he had 4.06 put on by DJI and it still happened :(
Just wish DJI would say something so we can stop wasting time...

I'm kind over it now lol... old motors are fine..

That video smacks of a power failure. Four motors will not stop at exactly the same moment, unless they have been switched off or there has been a fundamental system failure, like the battery has come loose or failed.

flyNfrank said:
<<I have checked with two DJI suppliers in the UK, and both claim to have shipped hundreds of the upgraded P2s in the last month or so, and claim not to have a single warranty return from those sold.>>

That's what I posted as well after I spoke with the dji tech's and the general manager where I buy my quads, and they both reacted the same. Saying they had not hear anything yet. Maybe we should go and ask some of those that posted on here about ?

No offense, but I think you guys are being a little naive thinking that DJI or any retailer that has a business relationship with DJI is going to tell a consumer that they know about a problem with their product. Same holds true for any other product in the business world. If word ever got out that a retailer told you there was a problem with a product, their business relationship with the manufacturer would be immediately severed with no hope of future business. No one is going risk word of that being spread on the internet - no mater how sincere they sound. What will be telling is if DJI suddenly puts a temporary halt to P2V+ sales in order to not add to a mounting number of bad ones out there, which they will ultimately have to deal with - either as warranty repairs or reputation damage. But that will depend on what type of company they are and how they deal with this type of situation.

justin00 said:

I also spoke to a few AU plces and one had 5 out of 25 returned (if i recall) and the other had no returns... very odd... I don't think either is lying.

Looks like they have no clue on the dji forum either. Some people saying you need 4.06 then another guy says he had 4.06 put on by DJI and it still happened :(

Justin00, basic common sense should come into play on all this talk about the new motors. If the motors were the culprit, then we would have some consistency, and as we know that is just not the case. The only common thing that takes place is they all drop from the sky. Whats been shown in most of the damaged motor pics is not so great installs. Such as long solder beads, black wire here, red wire there, mosfet over here with a wire laying on it, and so on and so on.

If we had something wrong with the compound in the tires on our vehicle, we would not see problems with only 1 tire. And if for some strange it was only showing up in 1 tire, the problem would with what is attached to the tire. Like the drive train.

MapMaker53 said:
flyNfrank said:
<<I have checked with two DJI suppliers in the UK, and both claim to have shipped hundreds of the upgraded P2s in the last month or so, and claim not to have a single warranty return from those sold.>>

That's what I posted as well after I spoke with the dji tech's and the general manager where I buy my quads, and they both reacted the same. Saying they had not hear anything yet. Maybe we should go and ask some of those that posted on here about ?

No offense, but I think you guys are being a little naive thinking that DJI or any retailer that has a business relationship with DJI is going to tell a consumer that they know about a problem with their product. Same holds true for any other product in the business world. If word ever got out that a retailer told you there was a problem with a product, their business relationship with the manufacturer would be immediately severed with no hope of future business. No one is going risk word of that being spread on the internet - no mater how sincere they sound. What will be telling is if DJI suddenly puts a temporary halt to P2V+ sales in order to not add to a mounting number of bad ones out there, which they will ultimately have to deal with - either as warranty repairs or reputation damage. But that will depend on what type of company they are and how they deal with this type of situation.

You may have read into the conversation wrong. On my end I asked two different parties if they were familiar with V3's dropping from the sky. And I found it kind of odd knowing how large the company I buy from had no knowledge of it yet. Btw, that company then put dji on blast for sending me to them for warranty work.

rbhamilton said:
So... cheap junk from China doesn't work right? Well that's a shocker...

What makes you say that? Thats not based off of anything from me, is it?

flyNfrank said:
You may have read into the conversation wrong. On my end I asked two different parties if they were familiar with V3's dropping from the sky. And I found it kind of odd knowing how large the company I buy from had no knowledge of it yet. Btw, that company then put dji on blast for sending me to them for warranty work.

Sorry if I somehow misunderstood.

Hughie said:
That video smacks of a power failure. Four motors will not stop at exactly the same moment, unless they have been switched off or there has been a fundamental system failure, like the battery has come loose or failed.
I agree. I don't see the current "thin-wire" problem creating a situation where all motors fail simultaneously. I hope we're not getting to a point where people blame every Phantom crash on overheated ESC wires. That' would be distracting toward identifying a real problem and therefore finding a solution.

flyNfrank said:
rbhamilton said:

Not at all. I'm just generally feeling disgusted with DJI. They make cheap junk like the V3 and sell it with no regard for the consumer. Typical Chinese company. I'm a bit disappointed with myself for expecting more from a Chinese company when common sense should tell me to stay away.

Oh well... mine is flying well enough today and when it's working it's the best toy in the house for sure.

Yeah true, its not the motor; However you only get the issues you described when you have the new motors installed...
Thus why I said old motors are fine... and keep talking abot new motors. as they seem to be what damages the ESC, weather its the ESC or motor that is the problem, the end result is having new motors makes the issue show up..
Would be kind of silly not to mention motors.

Infact if they modify the ESC to resolve the issue I would still certainly think the motors were part of the problem... changing motors back to stock means problem doesn't show up.. Think your just taking things to literally :]

flyNfrank said:
justin00 said:

Justin00, basic common sense should come into play on all this talk about the new motors. If the motors were the culprit, then we would have some consistency, and as we know that is just not the case. The only common thing that takes place is they all drop from the sky. Whats been shown in most of the damaged motor pics is not so great installs. Such as long solder beads, black wire here, red wire there, mosfet over here with a wire laying on it, and so on and so on.

If we had something wrong with the compound in the tires on our vehicle, we would not see problems with only 1 tire. And if for some strange it was only showing up in 1 tire, the problem would with what is attached to the tire. Like the drive train.

Hughie said:

Sorry I should have been more detailed. I meant to just focus on the visuals, but there was audio that could be heard overall which is rare for us that watch mostly vPlus video.

rbhamilton said:
flyNfrank said:
rbhamilton said:

Not at all. I'm just generally feeling disgusted with DJI. They make cheap junk like the V3 and sell it with no regard for the consumer. Typical Chinese company. I'm a bit disappointed with myself for expecting more from a Chinese company when common sense should tell me to stay away.

Oh well... mine is flying well enough today and when it's working it's the best toy in the house for sure.

I felt like I was sort of mislead on the motor upgrade because we had to wait 3-4 weeks before being able to buy the parts from dealers. I thought they were doing R&D during that time. But maybe not? I have yet to be sold on the idea that the problem is related to the motors. I feel like it is somewhere in the propulsioning system that drives the ESC's. If it was a motor issue there would be at least 2 of the 4 motors with failure signs, and just one.

I had a motor that felt like it had 1000 times stronger magnets then normal. Made it appear to me that there was a strange current charge of some kind that super charged the magnets. Someone said it probably had a warped housing from the crash causing that feeling. But the thing was, the propeller on that motor was like brand new condition still.

justin00 said:
Yeah true, its not the motor; However you only get the issues you described when you have the new motors installed...
Thus why I said old motors are fine... and keep talking abot new motors. as they seem to be what damages the ESC, weather its the ESC or motor that is the problem, the end result is having new motors makes the issue show up..
Would be kind of silly not to mention motors.

Infact if they modify the ESC to resolve the issue I would still certainly think the motors were part of the problem... changing motors back to stock means problem doesn't show up.. Think your just taking things to literally :]

I understand what you're saying. However, if you have somewhat paid attention to the overall of what I have discussed is that the motors are not "the" problem. They very well might be part of the problem, but not the single problem. Others put so much focus on the size of the wire on the new motors, but ignore the fact that the old motors internal wiring is not much different in size then human hair. I have said it is very likely that the lack of proper insulation on the new motor wires allow current misfires throughout the mosets on the ESC's.

Justin....I saw you mention the weather. What's the weather like where you're at now?

Are you making fun of the fact that I can't spell :p ?

I just returned from a brief ski vacation... so sorry to hear of the crash, Frank. I haven't upgraded my original P2V+ yet, though I've almost pulled the trigger on ordering the upgrade parts.

My original P2V+ is already modded enough... gimbal protecter, flytrex harness, foil mod, silicone on connections, etc. After all this and everything I've read on the other ESC thread going on, forgetaboutit... no upgrade for me.

Hope your back in the air soon, compadre.

flyNfrank said:
Hughie said:

Sorry I should have been more detailed. I meant to just focus on the visuals, but there was audio that could be heard overall which is rare for us that watch mostly vPlus video.

Actually I think I am wrong. If one ESC fails and goes dead short (or motor wires melt and short), this may be enough to cause the battery to auto shut down.

DrJoe said:
I just returned from a brief ski vacation... so sorry to hear of the crash, Frank. I haven't upgraded my original P2V+ yet, though I've almost pulled the trigger on ordering the upgrade parts.

My original P2V+ is already modded enough... gimbal protecter, flytrex harness, foil mod, silicone on connections, etc. After all this and everything I've read on the other ESC thread going on, forgetaboutit... no upgrade for me.

Hope your back in the air soon, compadre.

Thanks Joe. I so wish I was able to fly. I have some many things I'm working on that are now on hold. I wish I could buy a new quad and dji reimburse me rather then having to wait on them to ship one to me.

Hughie said:
flyNfrank said:
Hughie said:

Actually I think I am wrong. If one ESC fails and goes dead short (or motor wires melt and short), this may be enough to cause the battery to auto shut down.

My voltage was sure jumping around just before it dropped from the sky.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor