Please help - Firmware upgrade issues :(

Reaction score
Hey guys

Well I have tried, and tried, and tried again to update the Firmware in the P3P but to no avail :(

I have followed to the letter the instructions and despite this, it now has issues :(

The last firmware on it was
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20

This was done by me successfully upgrading from v1.1.9

Having formatted the card, and putting just the .bin file on it, I proceeded to do exactly the same as last time, the Lights flashed, the red and yellow and white sequence, then it just started flashing yellow, and I could here it doing something, but after well over 30 mins, I turned the P3 off, the upgrade wasn't going anywhere fast!

TXT file on memory card simply says "UPDATING" but it shouldn't take that long should it?? I waited for solid green lights..... long arse wait lol... but nope, no solid lights

I decided to reformat the card, and try again, and the same thing happened :(

I formatted in the PC but not sure if it makes a difference or not?

anyway, decided to plug in my iPad Air 2 and controller, powered up the controller, then the P3P and its not saying that it all needs updating, Aircraft, Battery and Camera?

I cannot see how to do that from the DJI GO app (the latest verison of DJI GO) it brings up three warning triangles for the above three items, but there not clickable as such..... so how can I upgrade it all from the iPad??

Cant seem to find out how to format the card from the APP either, was going to try that just in case, put the .bin file on it, and try again

Anyone have any suggestions please???

Cheers guys

Chris

I had the exact problem you did and here's what fixed it for me;
On your PC, format your sd card using quick format and leave the allocation unit size to whatever is displayed (do not change it to default allocation size).
Then copy just the bin file to the card using USB 2.0 ports on your PC. Insert to the P3 and power up.
Originally I had set the default allocation in quick format and copied with USB 3.0 ports and got the problem you described.
Others have had success formatting the card using the P3 and the Go App instead of a PC. Good luck!

Put a fresh copy of the firmware on the microsd and update
Hey guys

Well I have tried, and tried, and tried again to update the Firmware in the P3P but to no avail :(

I have followed to the letter the instructions and despite this, it now has issues :(

The last firmware on it was
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20

This was done by me successfully upgrading from v1.1.9

Having formatted the card, and putting just the .bin file on it, I proceeded to do exactly the same as last time, the Lights flashed, the red and yellow and white sequence, then it just started flashing yellow, and I could here it doing something, but after well over 30 mins, I turned the P3 off, the upgrade wasn't going anywhere fast!

TXT file on memory card simply says "UPDATING" but it shouldn't take that long should it?? I waited for solid green lights..... long arse wait lol... but nope, no solid lights

I decided to reformat the card, and try again, and the same thing happened :(

I formatted in the PC but not sure if it makes a difference or not?

anyway, decided to plug in my iPad Air 2 and controller, powered up the controller, then the P3P and its not saying that it all needs updating, Aircraft, Battery and Camera?

I cannot see how to do that from the DJI GO app (the latest verison of DJI GO) it brings up three warning triangles for the above three items, but there not clickable as such..... so how can I upgrade it all from the iPad??

Cant seem to find out how to format the card from the APP either, was going to try that just in case, put the .bin file on it, and try again

Anyone have any suggestions please???

Cheers guys

Chris

What is the status of the Phantom lights and remote WITHOUT the firmware inserted?

Hiya guys

OK, left it going as I had to go out I thought one last try.....

Got back, the yellow/white lights are flashing, so I thought ok its not worked again

Pulled the card out, popped it into the PC and this is the logfile

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

(dates wrong is that right?)

So, it says successful even though it didn't have two steady green lights????

I wasn't convinced, so I am going to try the downgrade to the previous version which its doing now

I followed your advice Pete and have formatted the card the way you suggest, so we will see if that works, if it does, I will try the upgrade again :)

Why don't you see what the app is telling you instead of trying the update again..?

Didn't think of that, but I thought as the lights weren't solid I wouldn't risk it

Seems to be stuck now though as before :(

Did as per guide, got the flashing lights at the start of the downgrade, then all lights went out, then got the noise you can hear in the video, green light on Camera was on (card reader light???) , then red, then green, then red..... no beeps at all, then the Red lights came on at the front, the rear ones started to flash that Yellow/White light, and this is where we are at now...........

Dropbox - 003.MOV

Ok so I waited, turned off the battery, removed memory card, and the following is on the card

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success

But again, no steady green lights it just carried on until I turned it off, so I will now check the Phantom 3 and see what it says, but I will do it without the Memory Card in, and also try another Memory Card to try the update again..... Just worried as it says you must have two steady green lights, and I havent

Ok, wish I had looked here first..........

DJI Forum|Guide: Phantom 3 Firmware 1.4.0010/1.1.0030 Update

According to the video, you don't have to have two solid lights, just a Solid Green Light on the Camera.....

*SIGHS HEAVILY*

LOL Ok well at least I know its correct now and I haven't bricked my P3!!
Whew!! glad that's over, was stressing just reading the thread, especially when you were trying again to upgrade a successful previous install :D:D:D Welcome to Phantom Mania:p:p:p:p

LOL well its upgraded ok now thank god :)

Was a scary few hours that especially since i've not even flown it yet!!

LOL well its upgraded ok now thank god :)

Was a scary few hours that especially since i've not even flown it yet!!
Just take baby steps when you take if out to fly-- keep it 50 to 60 feet and not more than 50 yards away so you can always tell which way it is facing. Fly it like this until you are completely comfortable in taking off, landing, and moving around. Fly it with the rear facing you so you don't get confused with the orientation.
Have fun with your new found freedom:):)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94