Please explain to me...

Reaction score
The video captured on the SD card itself...the one that is placed into the camera itself...depends on the app running?!?!?! What I mean is, I would think that choppy video being relayed from the camera to the tablet/phone, would be likely a transmission problem...just sayin'.

I understand that the choppy video on the tablet is because I have both Litchi AND the DJI-GO app and that in order to stop the choppy video, I must force stop one or the other and use the one still running. So I did that. But I digress.

Well, when using the DJI-GO app after force stopping the Litchi app, I hit record. The video was fairly smooth and didn't get real choppy till 2000' out. so I brought it back home.

I removed the SD card and stuck it in my computer and to my surprise and amazement, the video is as choppy as it was on the tablet when using the Litchi app, and equally as choppy if not more so from using the DJI app. Doesn't matter the distance...10 feet or 1000 feet, same choppy video.

The question I pose is, if it is indeed app conflict, I understand the trouble on the screen. But what I do not understand is how the video on the card is the same choppiness??? I would naturally presume the SD card would get nice smooth video from the camera, NOT have to go thru the camera, then the app, then the SD card??? I would have thought camera>SD card>app...

Format your card is all I can think I never get choppy video if it on sd card it's the camera or the card I would think

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have seen choppy video caused by an SD card that wasn't writing fast enough. Try a faster card. That does not explain the choppiness of the video feed, but perhaps the camera buffer is choking on the data and causing both to falter. Easy to check with a faster card.

Standard card that came with the drone...Class 10. Don't think it can get any faster. As for formatting the card, would that be necessary when it worked just fine before the Litchi install?

Are you viewing the video directly from the SD card?
I've watched videos that way and they usually are skippy/jittery, but when transfered to the computer and viewed, the same videos are smooth.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: marco12121
OK...This is weird...The files on my laptop are jerky as anything...but they are in 1080p, too. The YouTube video is smooth but only at 360p?! Why didn't it upload in 1080p I wonder?

Ahhhhh! YouTube sensed jerkiness and smoothed the video out for me! WTF?! How can I show something if they are fixing it?

I did have a problem similar to that about two months ago.
Every video I took off the bird and put on the computer was choppy as hell.
I was not getting choppy video in FPV but the the video I was recording was all screwed up.
My son, who is a programmer for Sears came to the house to take a look at it. Found out it wasn't my drone camera screwing up. It was me.
The fan had dislodged from the CPU on the computer and my **** computer was overheating and causing the video to skip. jump and all around choppy.

May not be your problem, but the computer you play it back on has to be capable of playing it.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Oh yeah, it's capable. ;)

I believe you. Mine is as well. But when its running hot well everything runs a bit slow. Like that boat from China...LOL

Reactions: Squirrel!
I did have a problem similar to that about two months ago.
Every video I took off the bird and put on the computer was choppy as hell.
I was not getting choppy video in FPV but the the video I was recording was all screwed up.
My son, who is a programmer for Sears came to the house to take a look at it. Found out it wasn't my drone camera screwing up. It was me.
The fan had dislodged from the CPU on the computer and my **** computer was overheating and causing the video to skip. jump and all around choppy.

May not be your problem, but the computer you play it back on has to be capable of playing it.
It's because YOU TUBE loves you......:rolleyes:

No, it was the same in FPV...

OK...what a way to spend Saturday nite...;)

Apparently, the update I did yesterday returned all/most settings back to default. The video was recording in 2.7k when I needed it set to 1080p. Put the youtube video at the correct resolution and stuttering and herky jerky thruout the video. Play it on 360p (the only other option) and for the most part was incredibly smoother, tho the PQ suffered horrendously.

So I have all my settings in both the GO app & Litchi the same. Will fly tomorrow and see if this is worked out or not. I am fairly confident it will all be good.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and helping me look in the right direction!:D

The video was recording in 2.7k when I needed it set to 1080p. Put the youtube video at the correct resolution and stuttering and herky jerky thruout the video. Play it on 360p (the only other option) and for the most part was incredibly smoother, tho the PQ suffered horrendously

When you upload to YouTube, there is only one video there, not several videos at different resolutions, so if the lower quality is all that you can get to play smootly, it sounds more to me like a computer / video card / Internet issue

Post a link here to your YouTube video so someone else can tell you if the higher res videos play correctly

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl