Pix4d Capture on iOS

Hey Bizjet...thanks for your info, I also had my iPad that is at 8.1.2 and I was able to manipulate the map and use the center point function to produce the grid .... then it locked up again .... this is still in Beta so I can't get to upset I am just anxious to use the technology..I am really close to just going out and buying a android tablet :).

Thanks for the laugh with your comment about the dance you did, with the previous version when i finally got it to work and capture images I did the same... :)

I agree with you that if Pix4D can get this going on IOS they will do very well....

On another note i got an email this morning from Pix4D announcing the new release of their desktop application with a lot of great new features...here is a link to the latest video outlining the new feature set....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSN9IJco5w

Thanks for your valuable reviews! We will work on your issues then! To answer some of your questions:

- We cannot write on the SD card of the drone. This is a limitation of the SDK.
- The SDK is quite new, and so is the App, so it is not stable yet (the Android version is a bit more mature than the iOS one, but both have new releases every few weeks).
- When it comes to security, you should always be able to come back to manual control by flipping the S1 switch. Test for yourself!
- Still about safety, the App only sends waypoints to the drone (and of course it controls the camera). The drone itself decides how it flies to them, so it should not be less safe than the DJI Vision official App (the SDK is quite new, but DJI is making a really good job with it).

Reactions: c1234
Hi Jonas any news on when the free flight mission is coming to the IOS app or being able to change the altitude from 50m in the app?

Ross

The new Pix4D app is out on the app store and it works great...flew my first mission this evening just before sunset at the local golf course. I did run into an issue when the photos started transferring to the iPhone it died at image 2 but the mission.p4d file was intact. In the app it asks if you would like to email the p4d file and I emailed it to myself then when i got home I just copied the p4d file and the pictures right off my sd card into the same directory as the mission.p4d file. I loaded the mission.p4d file in the application on the pc and all was right with the world....Thanks Pix4D for such a quick fix and app update... All we need is the Pix4D mapper application that runs natively on the Mac....

I will post my first video in this thread once I figure out how to do that :D

@thisisnotmyrealname: As soon as it is ready ;-). But be sure that we are working on this!

@dataway: Thanks for the feedback: apparently you used the App perfectly well!

Hi All. Great discussion on the Pix4d. I recently purchased a Phantom 2 vision + V3. Flown it around 6 times, had a few hair raising moments but it's still in one piece; thankfully. I'm currently using a Samsung Mini S3 with the drone.
I'm a Registered Building Surveyor and am excited about the prospect of surveying properties with Pix4d so will watch this thread with interest.
Any example video would be appreciated :)

Hi Gordhunt. I'm really impressed with your skills and video quality; I've got a lot to learn to achieve that standard.
I'd like to continue this thread with any further hints, tips and videos. Cheers NoRush :)

Hello! I'm new to this forum!

I have had some good results from the Vision+ and Pix4d. I have used both the ios and android version of the mapper app, these examples were made using v1.3 of the pix4d desktop app, and the android version of the mapper app.

View media item 4
View media item 2
View media item 9
View media item 8
I too would be very interested in a Mac version of the desktop software, and am looking forward to the iOS mapping app to catch up to the android version

Kind regards
Colin

Reactions: c1234
2nd one Phoenix 3Dc Model First Draft:
Gordhunt, these look great.
I've been flying for about a year now and just getting into Pix4D for Visual Effect Modeling for work and was wondering what steps did you use to get your Pix4D files loaded up to Sketchfab?

I love the presentation/loading speed and the interactivity of these 3D renders in Sketchfab.

Any help for a new user would be greatly appreciated and I will owe you a beer if we ever meet at a fly-in someplace....

Greg

Gordhunt, these look great.
I've been flying for about a year now and just getting into Pix4D for Visual Effect Modeling for work

Hey Greg, I come a visual effects background as well and have been experimenting using the models from Pix4d in my composites with live action. It's a very interesting proposition to send a couple guys to map the area in question and shoot "3d plates" instead of sending a second unit crew to shoot "2d plates".

Kind Regards
Colin

Hey Greg, I come a visual effects background as well and have been experimenting using the models from Pix4d in my composites with live action. It's a very interesting proposition to send a couple guys to map the area in question and shoot "3d plates" instead of sending a second unit crew to shoot "2d plates".

Kind Regards
Colin
Can you share the steps to uploading the pix4D processed renders to Sketchfab?

Yes what Colin posted is correct it actually creates a zip file that you can import direct into sketchfab

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl