Phxaz p3s range

Reaction score
Hello everyone I just recently purchased a phantom three standard I live in Phoenix Arizona in a urban neighborhood with lots of homes and maybe a lot of interference for sure but I still feel like I get weak range when I'm flying the quad I'll try to upload a couple videos but I feel like I only get like a couple blocks and it has to come home are supposed to come home is there anyway that I can do A further range without spending money on upgrading a controller or is the drone defective I'm new to this but I'm picking up pretty quick I just now starting to understand what their capabilities are thank you for everyone and their support greetings from Phoenix Arizona

Welcome to the forum,,,from the Grand Canyon, there's plenty of info here on how to get better range with the p3s,,

@gabrielcruz728
Yes, Welcome to the Forum!

Up load some of you poor flight logs from your mobile device to this website,
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Then we can see how poor you are. :rolleyes:

Then share the link here.

If a P3S is working correctly, it will do what it says on the box in clean air.

Rod

Thanks tech I did purchase a range extender I haven't used it yet but I will let you know if there's improvement

Thanks rod I will up upload my log without the extender then with it hopefully Is better I just feel like it doesn't go far

@gabrielcruz728

I got your PM.
"Thanks for the advice I'm finding little things that start to make me worry like emu errors drone won't fly very far and also just wondering if there's extra advice you have for me I have a dji s3 I got at target around march it's good I just feel like it's not at it's full potential"

This forum works best by sharing information with all, no need to start new threads, you started this one so lets keep it going.

To others he also posted here.
Standard - IMU calibration
"I get a error calibration on my IMU but when I check it it's good no calibration needed and I calibrate before I fly and it's been saying error as soon as I get enough satellites it goes to ready to fly should I be alarmed or worried it never did that before does that mean the my calibration could be off cause that might be why I also don't feel like I get full range with my drone please help anyone with info or advice would be greatly appreciated thank you everyone for your support.."

as @Meta4 stated "It might help if you can explain what the error you see is or provide a screen shot."

We can't help much without error messages, and or flight logs.
If you still have time left for return or exchange with Target, we need to identify if you have a defective unit or not, and before you have a crash whether it was the units fault or yours. :eek: ;)

Rod

I can't return it but I have square trade and I registered everything I just got a range extender today so I will try and see if that fixes the problem

I second Techcop's suggestion, I also got the SKYREAT extender, works great for how cheap it is.

Did you mean "IMU", Gabriel?
IMU: The Inertial Measurement Unit is a controller which combines an accelerometer and a gyro, with the purpose of helping with the orientation and stabilization of a quad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka