IMU calibration

Reaction score
I get a error calibration on my IMU but when I check it it's good no calibration needed and I calibrate before I fly and it's been saying error as soon as I get enough satellites it goes to ready to fly should I be alarmed or worried it never did that before does that mean the my calibration could be off cause that might be why I also don't feel like I get full range with my drone please help anyone with info or advice would be greatly appreciated thank you everyone for your support..

I get a error calibration on my IMU but when I check it it's good no calibration needed and I calibrate before I fly and it's been saying error as soon as I get enough satellites it goes to ready to fly should I be alarmed or worried it never did that before does that mean the my calibration could be off cause that might be why I also don't feel like I get full range with my drone please help anyone with info or advice would be greatly appreciated thank you everyone for your support..
It might help if you can explain what the error you see is or provide a screen shot.

d665c1de00b3d9b56d3a2703a0ae03de.jpg

Is this normal range and if the emu goes away does that have to do with the range or the satellites? I only get like 9 satellites is that normal too I just feel like my drone is more toyish because it won't go far and It just little things

Is this normal range and if the emu goes away does that have to do with the range or the satellites? I only get like 9 satellites is that normal too I just feel like my drone is more toyish because it won't go far and It just little things
It's quite common to have interference and shorter range in an urban area like this.
Around 9 sats is normal for the Standard.
GPS satellites are unaffected and IMU is a separate system.
If you want longer range, you'l have to fly somewhere that the air isn't full of everyone's wifi signals.

Reactions: gabrielcruz728
Thanks @meta I really appreciate it I was stressed out about it I'm going to continue trying to calibrate the imu where there's less interference not inside my living room maybe a park or something hopefully that solves everything but I enjoy my phantom this is my first bird and I've only had it for less then 6 months now

Thanks @meta I really appreciate it I was stressed out about it I'm going to continue trying to calibrate the imu where there's less interference not inside my living room maybe a park or something hopefully that solves everything but I enjoy my phantom this is my first bird and I've only had it for less then 6 months now
Interference is not a problem when you are calibrating your IMU.
Do it somewhere in your home where you can get a perfectly level surface.

I posted on the advanced and pro I was trying to post on the standard I kept making a mistake so I just posted on both I guess I'm new to this I wasn't paying attention to what chat room I was posting the pictures too and since I wasn't sure if the imu had anything to do with the range I just put them together to save time sorry everyone I'll make sure I'm in the right room before I post

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj