Phantomrain Post - New App called WINGMAN- Follow that drone.

PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Wingman allows you to follow another DJI drone in the sky and see the camera of that drone .

We did a quick test will post video soon, you need to have both drones using the software to use the Auto Follow Feature.

Once you connect with another call sign you can follow or lead , you can also see the other persons camera , for those of us that own more than 1 drone this could be a blast if it works, as you know we have tried to do this with the active track and the results were no reliable.

Does anyone know how to install the Wingman on the Pro Plus Controller. ? Not on the Amazon Store ,

A very quick video was shot showing that it connected and that the call sign came up as follow or leader.

If there is another thread on the Phantom Forum let me know.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain.

Reactions: clackey
Update: I have contacted the owner of the app and asked that you put this on the Amazon Store , that should make it easier to get this app using the amazon store and the APK app which works well with Litchi.

This will work on both the crystal sky and the Pro Plus.

Maker of this app works at DJI , nice

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Update: Have been speaking with the owner and one of the developers here is what I have learned.

As of now this IOS MAC related software you need the Ipad or the Iphone :{ No Crystal - No plus controller will work

The Minimum follow distance is 33 ft however once activated you can adjust the position closer using the controller .

After you install on both drones you activate the wifi icon as the follower and click search which looks for the leader as the other drone., than the Auto Follow Function button pop up.

If anyone has a video , please post it, meanwhile I have to go buy an Ipad.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Have two of the plus controllers and I’m having less use for them all the time, but I do have standard RC’s for my p4 birds. Finally use them with my IPad. Keep up the good work. Captain KO

Thanks for the info. Have two of the plus controllers and I’m having less use for them all the time, but I do have standard RC’s for my p4 birds. Finally use them with my IPad. Keep up the good work. Captain KO
Love to see more of this app.

Usually you can just put the .apk (app) on an SDCard and install it from there on the Pro+

Usually you can just put the .apk (app) on an SDCard and install it from there on the Pro+

Yes that is why I have asked the owner to make the android version so we can utilize that modification as we did with Litchi . Good call .

Yes that is why I have asked the owner to make the android version so we can utilize that modification as we did with Litchi . Good call .
I think I have answered all my other questions concerning color Etc. Wish I had more choices LOL. Still having trouble locating wingman for Android so I can download it. Tried playstore no luck. What am I missing?

I think I have answered all my other questions concerning color Etc. Wish I had more choices LOL. Still having trouble locating wingman for Android so I can download it. Tried playstore no luck. What am I missing?

I left you a PM . think you will be happy. As far as finding this for Android , the owner has decided for now its only IOS as he feels out the market.

Typed: wingman for dji , comes up as a just released free app. Downloaded n installed opened right up.

Reactions: Sam007
Don

don’t know how long it will remain free. I believe it will soon be priced for purchase. If interested I would suggest getting it now and save. JMO

The download is free but the use of the application is $7.95 for a life time of automated flights or .99 cents each time used.

The download is free but the use of the application is $7.95 for a life time of automated flights or .99 cents each time used.
Thanks for update. Is $7.95 for each drone? How do I purchase? Sorry I misspoke the price, all I saw was free to download. Don’t know how this works paying to use. KO

Thanks for update. Is $7.95 for each drone? How do I purchase? Sorry I misspoke the price, all I saw was free to download. Don’t know how this works paying to use. KO
So I download on 2 devices. Set up. Start wingman a ping goes to Company they offer 2 options. Life or each use. Kinda sorta?

The download is free, also it could used on basic flying and shooting.

For using the following function, that only required the followers purchase the functional item, So if you have two drones, the one as leader controlled by manual, the other one as follower needs to purchase to activate "Auto-follow".

And there is a trial-time about 5min for "Auto-follow" if it is first time downloaded in current device.

Installed on P4 and 4Pro. Working out the best distances. Trying out over land before I do my water shoots. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka