[Phantom2 Vision+] Upload missions on the aircraft

Reaction score
Hello!

First of all, I apologize for my English (I am a French member).

I recently bought a Phantom2 Vision+ aircraft with a remote controller and I am interested in Ground Station. Currently, I control the Phantom through my smartphone and the screen is quite small to create missions correctly.

That's why I would like to create them on my computer and upload them on the Phantom. I have heard of PC GroundStation software but it seems necessary to own a wireless Data-link because you do not use any remote controller.

Would it be possible to upload GS missions on the Phantom through USB/Wifi and to control it through the remote controller ?

Thanks a lot.

Vayel

You got the right idea.
When using the PC, the ground end is connected to the PC via usb.
The screen menu items are a tad different but essentially do the same thing.
I'm using an ipad and the screen size is probably the bare minimum to really see what's going on and have room for the controls.

What do you mean by "ground end" ? Is it the Data-Link ?

I read that you can create GroundStation missions on PC on condition that you buy the DJI DataLink. But I would like to know if it was possible to send a mission to the Phantom from the PC without purchasing it.

I currently can create GS missions with the Android Vision App but the screen of my smartphone is much too small. Moreover, I can't save my missions.

Is it possible to create GS missions on my computer and upload them on my Phantom2 Vision+ without DataLink ?

Thanks.

Vayel said:
What do you mean by "ground end" ? Is it the Data-Link ?

I read that you can create GroundStation missions on PC on condition that you buy the DJI DataLink. But I would like to know if it was possible to send a mission to the Phantom from the PC without purchasing it.

I currently can create GS missions with the Android Vision App but the screen of my smartphone is much too small. Moreover, I can't save my missions.

Is it possible to create GS missions on my computer and upload them on my Phantom2 Vision+ without DataLink ?

Thanks.

No, the PC interface requires the Data Link (hardware) to connect.

Thanks. =)

And would it be possible to save GS missions created on the Android Vision App ? Indeed, if I look to use a computer to create GS missions, it isn't only for a larger screen (I can purchase a tablet) but also to save my missions (for repetitive flights).

Vayel, you may know this already, but the full version of the Groundstation (with the available PC software) also has an interface for the iPad/iPad mini. It's a different app than the Vision waypoints app, and it does allow you to save missions.

I didn't know. Unfortunately, I don't have Ipad... I suppose I will have to buy a DataLink.

Thanks!

No problem! I didn't have an iPad either but it wasn't really practical to always have the laptop at the field when needed, so I gave in and found a used iPad mini in good shape for a decent price (less than half that of a new full size model). The GS is all I use it for, but if you're going to be using that a lot it'll probably end up being a worthwhile investment.

I can control the Phantom from the Android Vision App, that's not a problem. But what I would want to was to save GS missions to reuse them. Apparently, the full version of the Groundstation allows me to do that and is available both on PC and Ipad, on the condition that I purchase a DataLink. If I do, I will use a computer since an Ipad won't be more useful than a PC (because I already have an Android smartphone to control the Phantom).

The full version of groundstation is not compatible with the V2+ regardless of what hardware you install .

joeg1717 said:
The full version of groundstation is not compatible with the V2+ regardless of what hardware you install .
I used the 2.4 on my Plus for a while. It had it's issues and I learned to turn the camera on manually in order to leave the WiFi extender off while using GS. But now that I have the 900Mhz set up on the Plus all is right in the GS world. Just no iPad.

ChuckMRN said:
I used the 2.4 on my Plus for a while. It had it's issues and I learned to turn the camera on manually in order to leave the WiFi extender off while using GS. But now that I have the 900Mhz set up on the Plus all is right in the GS world. Just no iPad.

What's the "900Mhz set up" ?

joeg1717 said:

Do you know if DJI plans to make GS possible on the Plus without using the Android Vision App ?

Is not it possible to use that ?

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl