phantom vision 2 plus ribbon cable.....

Reaction score
sooooooo I totally bit the dust with my phantom vision 2 plus todat and broke the ribbon cable...... I really don't want to hae to spend 700$ on a new camera and everything... any ideas??

+1
Glad to see this DBS, thanks! Might get one just in case...

I seen this written on the DJI Forum by a DJI person - "Guys, we know many of you are very experienced and can do the replacing on your own. However, there's IMU module inside the camera, after replaceing the cable, it has to be re-calibrated IN DJI repair center by special tool and software. We can not garantee that your gimbal would function normally without calibration."

Does anyone know what the special "Tool" might be, and/or the software needed?

+ screwdriver and level for camera? :lol:
I can't imagine what kind of calibration would be needed for changing a cable. I'm sure people have done the repair themselves and feedback suggests it works. Glad to see an option to replacing the whole camera and gimbal. :roll:

Mori55 said:
85.00 , what a ripoff !
:D agreed, options?
The price will drop eventually. :lol:

This is an aftermarket product, redesigned, engineered and produced. $85 seems like a steal compared to your options... A few threads about this suggested that an error in installation caused the cable to melt. Be careful...

I have NOT heard of a Phantom Pilots user successfully installing one themselves... anyone?

DrJoe said:
This is an aftermarket product, redesigned, engineered and produced. $85 seems like a steal compared to your options... A few threads about this suggested that an error in installation caused the cable to melt. Be careful...

I have NOT heard of a Phantom Pilots user successfully installing one themselves... anyone?

I have removed an intact cable from a crashed and damaged camera and installed it into a camera with a broken cable and the camera and drone now work correctly. It is not "hard" but does involve tearing down the camera to some extent and removing the cable so it is not for the faint of heart or technically challenged.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl