Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom v1.1.1 Battery - need to cool before recharging?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jebus, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Jebus

Hi... just wondering if it's necessary to let the stock battery for the v1.1.1 (or the 2700 mAh Maddogs) cool down at all after a flight before you start charging them?

I was wondering this because if in the field as soon as I was done flying with the battery, I would throw it on the charger and hopefully have it ready by the time I've used up my other batteries. I'm just not sure if it's a good idea to put them on the charger right after using them.

2. ElGuano

It's always a good idea to let the battery rest/cool for 10 minutes or so prior to charging. That said, a reasonably weighted phantom in normal flight does not have a huge current drain rate so the batteries don't tend to get too warm. I'd let them rest if I could but would not sweat it if you're on a schedule.

3. Marc70

How do you charge your batteries in the field?

4. Jebus

Perfect. Thanks for the reply ElGuano.

Marc70 - I was planning on just using the DJI charger plugged into an inverter on my truck.

5. chopperflyer

You want a field charger from your local model shop. This is one of the best place's to go as they can give you info on what to get.