Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom Pilots in Houston?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedFishChaser, Aug 26, 2013.

1. RedFishChaser

Any Phantom pilots in Houston area?

Thanks.

2. okelkay

Hello there fellow fisherman/phantom pilot.

I'm in the South Houston area. Alvin/Manvel to be exact. Just got into this hobby, and happen to have a great flying field at my house. Looking for fellow pilots that could help me learn some stuff. Hit me up and come on out today, cause I fly fpv everyday.

Also if anyone has skills in putting together gimbals and phantoms, I will pay you (beer or cash) to help me get it all working smoothly.

Also, I have the Attitude SD goggles from fatshark and a tarot 2d gimbal. Any way to set up the head tracking to work as the tilt function? Cause that would be awesome. But I think it sounds like head tracking wont work with our stock controller?? Looks like most of the setups people do have me putting in a little switch on my controller.

3. insatiable

Hey guys, I'm also a Phantom pilot. I'm out in west Houston area near Katy FW and Beltway 8. Usually fly out at Bear Creek Park when I do. I'm also intested in getting into FPV, now I just fly by sight.

4. RedFishChaser

I'm in northeast Houston (Atascocita-Humble).

I'm still learning. Adding gimbal and FPV equipment onto one of two Phantoms that I have. Added the gimbal. Not directly to the NAZA controller yet. I believe I need to do that to do axis control.

I have to find out how to connect the TX now as I have an older GoPro (1 or 2). No clue.

We'll need to coordinate a get together one of these weekends!

5. okelkay

Good deal. I'm down. So I just added a tarot gimbal yesterday and man it is great. Works as advertised. No tilt control yet, as I don't know how to solder and all that fun stuff. But soon hopefully. You know anything about all that? I found a post either on here or youtube that told me what parts to get for the install. Now I just gotta get brave enough to try it.

Have y'all tried any of the aftermarket props yet? I have tried two different versions of carbon fiber ones and I go straight back to the stock ones. They just fit better and feel better to me. But I would like to have some that produce more lift, so if you have found any that worked for you just pass on the link so I can buy me some. :cool:

6. HoustonUAV

7. Drone-Outlaw

I'm at I-10 & beltway 8 area,, Memorial Herman hospital at I-10 & Gessner. I am retired so I have 100% freetime to go fly anytime.

Moose

8. Bugsbunnyheli

Beaumont is here also.... :D

9. gregtx

Spring/Woodlands is here too!! Have 2 phantoms w/gimbals and FPV.

10. N2DEEP

I'm also in the Atascocita/Humble area. RedFishChaser we need to meet up sometime.

11. BadassBlaze

In the woodlands. Need to find a place to fly, mine is arriving on Monday. my parents have a place up near waco that is perfect for flying, but I won't be there for another 2 weeks, so I wouldn't mind trying to find a place free of interference to fly it a couple of times.

12. Lostknight

Summerwood area for me. Been flying for about a month at a couple of the local school football fields.

Waiting for the weather to clear up some and to start finding some more interesting subject matter.