Phantom or NAZA mode??

Reaction score
Getting my new Phantom 2 next week, been reading posts here for information.

There's one thing, so far, that I'm confused about. As a beginner, what mode should I be flying in, Phantom or NAZA? And what is the difference between them??

Thanks!!

Ken

My suggestion would be Naza. In Naza, you can still fly in GPS mode which is essentially "Phantom" mode. It also allows you to enable IOC so that you have Home Lock and Course Lock at your disposal. CL is more of a photography mode but HL is useful to get the bird back to you if you lose orientation. There are differences in the lights the LED's display too.. I'd suggest you download the manual and spend a lot of time with your face in it. :D

Reactions: BlackHawk388
+1

Yep, what Marlin said.

Also, start watching as many Youtube videos as you can so you can visualize what the manual is referring to. Especially the couple videos about Compass Calibrating.

Good luck man! I know your excitement level is very high right now!

Naza, Naza, Naza.

Thanks for the tips guys!! Yea, isn't it funny, reading up on something BEFORE you get it... what a crazy world... lol...

I have a copy of the manual on my PC at home AND work...And I've seen videos already from DroneCamps, which is where I got it from. I have phantomhelp bookmarked, and I did start reading the PDF on DropBox, but thought it was for the Vision, but I'll grab it again and start reading. I get it on Monday, so I have the weekend to brush up.

As much as I want to dive in head-first, I am going to take my time with it, I plan to try to implement it into my sports photography, so I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I crash it into someone.. lol..

Thanks again!!!

My P2V+ V3 was here for four days before I made the first flight. I went through "dry runs" with it inside the house, no props installed, to ensure I was getting the memory of switch positions and other tasks burned into my brain.

The first time I went to fly it, I set everything up. But got some unexpected lights flashing and packed it all in and went right back home. Turns out it was completely normal stuff, but I was unsure at the flying field and that made me just give it another day.

While my first flight started off with my stomach in knots, worried I would still do something wrong, I very quickly, within a couple of minutes, realized I wasn't flying something so free spirited as my basic SR120 Heli or one of my powered gliders. That Quad simply stayed where ever I put it. By the second battery, I was completely comfortable and having to warn myself to not be overly confident! LOL!

But these things inspire confidence quickly if you've done your initial set up correctly. Also, before I ever flew my P2V+, I had put in quite a few hours of stick time on my Hubsan X4. If there were one piece of advice I would offer above all others, it's to get a good indoor Quad to learn on first. The Hubsan X4 is an excellent training tool.

I switched to naza too after one week. Make sure you check some tutorials on YouTube so you know what naza does and how it works. It flies the same but you have more options like homelock and you have different status lights

Essentially i sugest youtube ant things like home lock course lock atti mode and things like that. Watch and learn and it's good that You ask before You fly that means that You reading manual ;]

My suggestion would be Naza. In Naza, you can still fly in GPS mode which is essentially "Phantom" mode. It also allows you to enable IOC so that you have Home Lock and Course Lock at your disposal. CL is more of a photography mode but HL is useful to get the bird back to you if you lose orientation. There are differences in the lights the LED's display too.. I'd suggest you download the manual and spend a lot of time with your face in it. :D

this ^^^^

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl