Phantom FC40 want to convert my 2.4 to 5.8GHz HELP

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, First I would like to say thanks for this site. Seems like the only place I can actually get answers. Ok I just received a new fc40 camera and my fc40 phantom is as well a 2.4GHz. I want to change it over to 5.8 so I can use my new camera. Does anyone know what it the correct receiver to get that I can change it over to?
I was also wondering if there are other model phantoms that use the same receiver. I was looking at one and the seller said it was from a p2 but looked like the same thing as the fc40 receiver. I think he said it was part16 which my research came up with it's to a Phantom 2 vision.. Any help much appreciated.
Thanks twice

A little confused here! The FC 40 is a 5.8 receiver and transmitter- unless it has been changed to 2.4. Or maybe I've misunderstood.

Personally, I don't know this for sure. So the following is just a guess.

There may have been a early version that used 2.4, that had no camera. Most likely it was not officially a FC40. Now since Dave has somehow acquired a camera that transmits on 2.4 Dave has a problem. Just installing a 5.8 receiver is not the total fix. Dave will also need a 5.8 transmitter to make work. Not to mention the challenge of getting the two sync'd together.

Again just a guess on my part.

Les

The FC 40 was 5.8 from the start. The camera was wi fi on 2.4.

I'm wondering if the OP has in fact got a Phantom 1

The FC40 was never 2.4 GHZ for the transmitter. It is true that the OP does have some variant of the Phantom 1, which had 2 updates to my knowledge. One solution here is to get another transmitter and receiver that is 5.8 GHZ. Another would be to get a 5.8 GHZ FPV setup, but that would be more money. A picture of the serial number or the receiver in the phantom would help to answer these questions fully, but again, the FC40 was never 2.4 GHZ as it was intended to be a scaled down intro version of the vision when it was released complete with a wifi camera.

I agree Beario. A shot of the rating plate on the transmitter will /should also help sorting out what the OP has.

Hi everybody, Great to see all the responses to my madness... Ok, first thanks again and secondly, I am very new in the phantom world and glad to be a part of it. I normally just build custom made Tri copters and Quads, to sell and have been doing that for a couple years.I ran across a Phantom described as FC40 The Model P330 with a remote Model SR6 2.4GHZ Bought it because it was broken and got the entire package hardcase, and all accessories needed at a super deal because it was untested and showed motor damage. I figured I would just fix it which I did, fly's great. Did a little looking ( ok deep searching ) and found a brand new camera for the Phantom and bought it knowing I would have to make some changes. I also got a Phantom 2 vision same way and It is 5.8 and has the camera. I just decided for now to just the save the camera, and use 5.8 camera which I am almost ready to mount.. Not very expensive but good cameras. I just figured the phantom camera has got to be better then I what I have to use.
My biggest concerns are which is better to use 2.4 or 5.8 for distance and video reception. If I try the both of them I guess I will find out..
Any more help on finding out just what it is I have will be great... Thanks so much again and what a great place to be..

Now I'm really confused. And the 2.4 v 5.8 camera issue is further muddying the water!

From the top- you have an FC 40 which came with an SR6 2.4 Ghz transmitter.

The FC40 (as standard) is 5.8 Ghz. The SR6 transmitter is the original Phantom 1 single antenna 2.4 Ghz, non self centring stick, TX unit.

Last edited:
Hi Discv, sorry for any confusion, but yes it was a non-arming problem with the four flashing red lights. It was a simple fix, remove the Compass cable from the board and plug it directly into the GPS. Works like a charm. Secondly, I decided instead of trying to mount the 2.4 and change the receiver I would just try my 5.8 camera system on the FC 40 or whatever it's called Phantom 1 something. Because on my phantom 2, I just received I knew 2.4 GHz camera. Now I care can compare the two different frequencies and the two different controllers. Hope that makes it simple and easy to understand. Thanks for all the replies.

I had exactly the same issue my transmitter is not 5.8 either which is very stupid because the camera is on the same frequency! I just purchased a 5.8 fpv system and wired it in.

Yeah me too man the thing is I bought a whole fpv set up running on 2.4 because I presumed the controller was 5.8 I set it all up took it for a spin and nearly had a fly away. I was not happy apparently DJI dos that to some of them. All good now though I've changed it all over to 5.8 fpv

Great, well I was looking for a receiver to change in it, but hard to locate. I have read that the one for p2 or 2+ will work. Where did you find your parts and what part number did you use?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl