phantom fc40 flying out of box no upgrades

Reaction score
hello im new here, I bought the phantom fc40 from maplins and I didn't connect it to computer I just put everything togeather and done the gps dance and In no time I was flying high, im totally new to flying so im scared if I connect to laptop and update it I might do something wrong, my phantom is flying great I only fly in gps and only when green light is flashing I fly it, I just want to know if I do connect it to a computer what will I achieve from it. I have to say this is the best quadcopter I have ever owned I just bought it for fun and im enjoying it so much

If you download the DJI assistant software to your computer you can upgrade the Phantoms firmware . Also enable IOC ,do a google search on DJI assistant . There's home lock and course lock. Also fail safe mode. You can calibrate your controls .
Good stuff!

Good luck
Wayne

I even switched my transmitter off and the fc40 come backs to starting point I have not updated anything
thank you for your reply
:D :D :D :D to be honest im only using it for fun im not a professional yet so if I connect to computer I would not know what im doing :D
regards senna

senna786 said:
I even switched my transmitter off and the fc40 come backs to starting point I have not updated anything
thank you for your reply
:D :D :D :D to be honest im only using it for fun im not a professional yet so if I connect to computer I would not know what im doing :D
regards senna

The software assistant isn't as complex as you might think it is. Everything pretty much explains itself fairly decent, but unless you wanna set up your ioc or make sure your rth is set right, you actually could live without it. Some people also like setting their s1 switch to failsafe as the 3rd toggle position so they don't have to turn the tx off which gives them piece of mind, and later on down the road, you might even want to try out manual mode.

senna786 said:
thank you for your reply
regards senna

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv37d5DoNQA[/youtube]

thank you for replies the weather in Ireland is not great yet so I will wait until march for the good weather
happy new year to everybody 2015 good luck

kitari said:
senna786 said:
thank you for your reply
regards senna

The software assistant isn't as complex as you might think it is. Everything pretty much explains itself fairly decent, but unless you wanna set up your ioc or make sure your rth is set right, you actually could live without it. Some people also like setting their s1 switch to failsafe as the 3rd toggle position so they don't have to turn the tx off which gives them piece of mind, and later on down the road, you might even want to try out manual mode.
Hi, I wondered if you could set the 3rd position of the switch to failsafe but couldn't find where to do it from? Is failsafe very reliable cos I've not flown it too far away from me as I'm scared that I'll lose signal and it will either just crash or fly away!

Its in the naza software under S1 failsafe. Works great for me but I'm still terrified of flying it too far away! Only done about 6 flights so far but knowing this works and checking home location also works makes it less stressful.

landwomble said:
Its in the naza software under S1 failsafe. Works great for me but I'm still terrified of flying it too far away! Only done about 6 flights so far but knowing this works and checking home location also works makes it less stressful.

That's cool!, thanks for that :)

porg78 said:
kitari said:
senna786 said:
thank you for your reply
regards senna

Hi, I wondered if you could set the 3rd position of the switch to failsafe but couldn't find where to do it from? Is failsafe very reliable cos I've not flown it too far away from me as I'm scared that I'll lose signal and it will either just crash or fly away!

I think everyone's nervous about rth at first, but I've never had an issue with it, and it's saved my backside several times. In fact, I have a video I'll upload later today of me flying about a half mile out and switching to rth. Just make sure you're up high enough to not have to worry about flying into anything at your current level and hit that switch.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl