Phantom and Devo-10 (Complete Beginner)

Reaction score
Hi,

First off, I'm a complete beginner when it comes to all of this. So be gentle - no acronyms ha ha :)

I have recently received a Phantom DJI and a Devo-10 transmitter. They were owned by a partners father who recently passed away. He was a bit of a helicopter/quadcopter obsessive.

Anyway, it's ended up in my hands. I have no idea what I'm doing really, despite being a software developer and fairly switched on - I'm at a bit of a loss. I imagine this is what it feels like trying to get the washing machine working.

Apparently the Phantom and the transmitter have been configured to work with each other. Although I'm unsure if it has ever flown. When both are on, the Phantom has a continuous fast flashing orange light, failsafe/transmitter problem apparently (I did read the manual).

If I turn the transmitter on, it beeps and vibrates. If I then plug the battery into the Phantom, it powers on and the transmitter stops beeping/vibrating. So it seems like they do know about each other.

Likewise, if I then unplug the Phantom from the batter pack, the transmitter starts complaining. Having read a few posts, I took a look around the transmitter, finding an option for fixed ID - it was set to a number. Changing this caused the transmitter to start beeping and causing a fuss - so I put it back.

Anyway, any input or direction on what to do and how I get it flying would be amazing.

Thanks.

There are 2 extra steps that you need to do first.

1. Go to DJI support website ( http://www.dji.com/support ) and download the driver so that your computer will recognize your Phantom. Choose the correct Phantom Version.

2. Download the NAZA assistant so that you can adjust, set, correct, verify, ect. your Phantom. With NAZA you can clearly see how your transmitter movement react with the Phantom (you will see the bars movement when you move Devo-10 stick with respect to the proper channel setting which DJI called the Channel Monitor) unless the setting is incorrect for example the receiver type or the servo reverse.

With NAZA assistant you can set up your Phantom the way you like, how you fly, how much weight, voltage fail safe setup etc.

Note: one very important setup: you need to find out how the Devo-10 was configured for the flight modes or control mode switch or S1(Atti, GPS, Normal) and the IOC switch or S1 for RTH (home lock, course lock). If you flip the switch at the wrong time or wrong situation, your Phantom may fly away or crash. Also upon taking off, those switches must be in the proper positions too.

Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl