phantom 4 vs typhoon h

Last edited:
I just did some research and found a big flaw with the typhoon H. The RTH height cannot be set by the user. I didn't believe what I was reading so I looked at the manual online. This is a deal breaker for me. I could care less if this thing could fly for an hour on one battery. If you lose signal it doesn't climb to a pre determined height.
3697b46c57c73d882987aba62edf8fc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
The RTH height now can be set, it's done on the controller..

Reactions: Mike_Flys
The RTH height now can be set, it's done on the controller..
With the new firmware update it can be set on the touch screen built into the controller... You can also turn off the lights for night shots.

With the new firmware update it can be set on the touch screen built into the controller... You can also turn off the lights for night shots.
add to that now there is a cruise control mode using the thumb pad buttons...

I have both the P4 and H amongst several others. There are advantages to the H. One is it is truly a RTF purchase.

CCC with 360 deg camera makes for great video; no yawing of craft needed.
In high winds, it is more stable. Please no nonsense about the P4 flying effortlessly in 30 mph wind. There is a video of the Typhoon H flying in a Typhoon. If a P4 can do that, it will defy the laws of physics.

Landing? Come on, be honest.

They both have pros and cons.

So called "reviews" tend to be biased. The guy who did the one linked to in the OP was obviously very biased. He didn't even mention the Wizard. There are multiple examples of Active Tracking failing.
It's no secret what I personally think of Toms videos. I find him disengenious and not very factual.

That said, I agree with him here but I think that's just because there are only two choices.

I own both birds and there is no comparing the H to the P4 IMO.

I am holding on to hope that a lens mod to the camera is going to fix my picture issues. It was cool to fly a wholly different bird in the H but when that wore off, it was back to my P4 and Inspire. P4 is so much fun to fly and is a rock workhorse. Mine shows zero fatigue and I've already got a life worth of great video from it. I'd say the P4 is my favorite RTF bird I've ever owned.

Reactions: ftttu
I own a P3, P4, and TH. I was attracted to the TH because of the all-in-one controller, safety of losing a motor, 360 camera views, and the amount of control you have over just about everything.

I only flew the TH 17 times before it flew itself into the ground. Their support is far better than DJI, but it's still a nightmare, and not what consumers should be put through for a $2-3k investment. While the controls are nice, to fly it requires a lot more practice, and many of the features are undocumented, or do not have the safeguards that DJI does.

My P3 has flown hundreds of times, and my P4 is flying right now. I think several people have said similar things: when I need to get something done, I use my DJI platforms. I think the TH is still somewhat "experimental" and they don't have the years of using us as guinea pigs like DJI has to perfect certain things.

However, I think their support, combined with how fast they seem to be learning/adding features and fixes means that we could finally in a year or so have legitimate choices as consumers.

Reactions: Jussaguy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl