Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian Order Thread

Supply and demand could mean that if you wait for Black Friday to buy you could be on back-order until after Christmas. It is nice to get a sale price, but if there is not enough inventory ready to ship then you are stuck waiting. I chose to fly now instead of later. I'll have no regrets buying now.

Supply and demand could mean that if you wait for Black Friday to buy you could be on back-order until after Christmas. It is nice to get a sale price, but if there is not enough inventory ready to ship then you are stuck waiting. I chose to fly now instead of later. I'll have no regrets buying now.
I was joking. Still love a good discount but I feel 100% the same than you do, which is why I sold my P4 at 11am on Tuesday and had ordered the P4PO by lunch time.

Happy Day! My new Dirty Bird arrived today! Thanks for the fast shipping @Advexure!

IMG_0905 (2).jpg

I am practicing tremendous restraint NOT to purchase the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian because I have a sneaking suspicion that DJI is trying to dump their surplus of shells by painting them in order to start mass producing their next model of drone in a couple of months. Just a wild guess.

Yeah - I can assure you that they are not over-paints.
How do I know..? Well, I ripped one open so you can take a look...

A couple weeks back, my employer tasked me with finding, purchasing, and learning to operate a drone for the company.
I knew pretty much nothing about drones so I spend a few days reading & researching, finally deciding DJI was the way to go. I went with the P4P Obsidian because I much preferred the look of it compared to the white.
That said, wind and rain precluded me from flying for most of the first week after it’s arrival. I did finally get to practice some, though, and yesterday I was even able to make decent use of it for the company. (Which was awesome!)
Yesterday afternoon, I went to demo it for a family member and aparrently clipped the very top branches of a decorative Maple tree in the yard.
I knew it was going to not be good but when I got there, this is what I found:

E68C4808-0D66-41CD-9E34-8229FBF30E0C.jpeg

I only broke one propeller bet the legs, sensors, & even a small piece of the body are toast...
Oh - and no.. I don’t have the Care Refresh so now I have to figure out how/where to get it fixed..

Yeah - I can assure you that they are not over-paints.
How do I know..? Well, I ripped one open so you can take a look...

A couple weeks back, my employer tasked me with finding, purchasing, and learning to operate a drone for the company.
I knew pretty much nothing about drones so I spend a few days reading & researching, finally deciding DJI was the way to go. I went with the P4P Obsidian because I much preferred the look of it compared to the white.
That said, wind and rain precluded me from flying for most of the first week after it’s arrival. I did finally get to practice some, though, and yesterday I was even able to make decent use of it for the company. (Which was awesome!)
Yesterday afternoon, I went to demo it for a family member and aparrently clipped the very top branches of a decorative Maple tree in the yard.
I knew it was going to not be good but when I got there, this is what I found:

View attachment 90342

I only broke one propeller bet the legs, sensors, & even a small piece of the body are toast...
Oh - and no.. I don’t have the Care Refresh so now I have to figure out how/where to get it fixed..

I think you need to take your research further if drone is for company use. I think you have to be a licensed UAV pilot for using drones in your company's business. I maybe wrong that is why you need to research that.

DJI has been shipping Mavic Pro Platinum's and should also be shipping P4PO since they were both to be released in Sept. You would think that just a color change and a change to the gimbal would not delay orders that long. But then again, who I am I kidding but myself.

First rule with DJI they lie about everything: what the product does, how it will work, And have forever lied about release dates. So expect supplies 5ly months after. No question DJI is as unethical as a child trafficker. You accept it until some company can compete then bye bye DJI have bought 3 drones and I will be the first to leave them

I have to hand it to @Advexure on P4PO preorders. Other dealers are still playing catchup. Advexure must be DJI's favorite dealer. Thanks advexure for all who received there P4PO from you already.

You bet and thanks for the kind remarks. Hope everyone is enjoying their Obsidians.

PS Last I checked there was a limited number of Obsidian batteries in stock and more arriving into our facility early to mid next week.

Safe flying to all. :cool:

Just got my extra battery today so now all I need is my Go Professional case and I will be set for awhile. It is out of stock at my go to dealer (Advexure) so I will wait till they get some in. I will wait for them to get it in stock because they are always prompt on shipping after they get the order and this will be the first time that they didn't have something in stock out of 10 orders, outside of preordering the P4P Obsidian which I can understand. When I find someone reliable I like to stick with them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94