Phantom 4 Pro Landing Gear Replacement

Reaction score
Hi I need assistance replacing my P4P landing gear. I had a hard landing resulting in slight damage to my landing gear. I have purchased a replacement set. I was told that one has to open the shell to replace and a special tool is required that DJI don't sell to anyone. Is this true and has anyone on this forum successfully replaced their landing gear. Any assistance will be much appreciated... Jonathan

You do have to open the Phantom, but a special tool is not required. Here's an example showing how to replace the landing gear:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi I need assistance replacing my P4P landing gear. I had a hard landing resulting in slight damage to my landing gear. I have purchased a replacement set. I was told that one has to open the shell to replace and a special tool is required that DJI don't sell to anyone. Is this true and has anyone on this forum successfully replaced their landing gear. Any assistance will be much appreciated... Jonathan
I'm in precisely the same boat. My strut is just a bit cracked, and is still serviceable, but I'll be replacing it sooner or later. I have everything lined up. That video is the WORST of the lot. Google Phantom 4 landing gear replacement and you'll see more - MOST OF WHICH have you splitting the shell. Now I don't want to be accused of blowing smoke, which I have complained about others doing, so I'll tell you I haven't done this yet. But, look, when you get the replacement LG you'll see the compass wire needs to be attached, anyway. So it's looking to me like there's no real advantage to going to all the extra trouble to split the shell. Just get tweezers, hemostats, whatever you can muster, and remove the connections CAREFULLY, then remove and replace the strut, all the time CAREFULLY threading the connectors through the holes. One piece of advice that was hard to find is about removing and replacing those access covers. You have to CAREFULLY bend the strut to create a gap, then pry the puppy out. You get new ones, so if you trash the old, it's no big deal. Obviously, installing the new one, once again bend carefully, creating the necessary space. Sadly, that's the best info I've found. Don't know how long before I get the nerve to start the job. Stay tuned. If you do it first, let me know how it goes! Oh! 2017 - it's 2018! So did you do it? How did it go?

Reactions: Lenj
Hi I need help locating the port for the compass on the P4Pv2. I can only locate see the ports on the side main board but I do not know where the second one plugs into.

I'm in precisely the same boat. My strut is just a bit cracked, and is still serviceable, but I'll be replacing it sooner or later. I have everything lined up. That video is the WORST of the lot. Google Phantom 4 landing gear replacement and you'll see more - MOST OF WHICH have you splitting the shell. Now I don't want to be accused of blowing smoke, which I have complained about others doing, so I'll tell you I haven't done this yet. But, look, when you get the replacement LG you'll see the compass wire needs to be attached, anyway. So it's looking to me like there's no real advantage to going to all the extra trouble to split the shell. Just get tweezers, hemostats, whatever you can muster, and remove the connections CAREFULLY, then remove and replace the strut, all the time CAREFULLY threading the connectors through the holes. One piece of advice that was hard to find is about removing and replacing those access covers. You have to CAREFULLY bend the strut to create a gap, then pry the puppy out. You get new ones, so if you trash the old, it's no big deal. Obviously, installing the new one, once again bend carefully, creating the necessary space. Sadly, that's the best info I've found. Don't know how long before I get the nerve to start the job. Stay tuned. If you do it first, let me know how it goes! Oh! 2017 - it's 2018! So did you do it? How did it go?
Hi Zlot,

It's 2020 now soon to be 2021 did you manage to change the landing gear? how did it go??

Len

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan