Phantom 4 Pro + Integrated Screen query.

Had the the app crash on me again, this time during a flight today. Tried turning the screen off and on but couldn't get the app to come back. During this process it asked if I wanted to reboot and I clicked "NO!", landed and then did the reboot.:eek:

Turning the screen off reboots the app, if you let it. Agree to the reboot. It won't turn off the transmitter. You will still have full stick control during the reboot. Just let it hover.

The bracket assy that connects the screen to the remote controller, Is it made of plastic or metal, and would you consider it sturdy, or same sort of build as the tablet adapter?

Thanks
K

The bracket assy that connects the screen to the remote controller, Is it made of plastic or metal, and would you consider it sturdy, or same sort of build as the tablet adapter?

Looks to be made of metal and, now that I also have the tablet adapter on a non+ controller, I can say it is more sturdy. The screen assembly on the P4P+ controller is rock solid.

Looks to be made of metal and, now that I also have the tablet adapter on a non+ controller, I can say it is more sturdy. The screen assembly on the P4P+ controller is rock solid.
Agreed! If only the screen were a little larger! The size of 7.85" CrystalSky screen would be perfect, but I still prefer the full size 9.7" iPadPro, as the telemetry takes up so much of the screen that you can't compose your frame, or see the edges anymore, without going to full screen, which makes monitoring elevation, supignal strenth, battery levels, and remaining flight time more difficult. The repeated wind warnings also cause you to inadvertently change exposure or focus while trying to turn them off, every few seconds!:eek:

Last edited:
Ditto azgeek. I ordered the non + controller 3 weeks ago.
@Mitel - Did you get your non + controller yet? I received mine today after ordering from DJI last week (26th). I was surprised at how quickly that shipped. And flying with it today was a very frustration-free experience. I'll be contacting DJI support tonight to see if I can return the P4P+ controller for a refund (or I'll even take 3 new 5870 mAh batteries in exchange :D)

Agreed! If only the screen were a little larger!
Since I started with the integrated screen I was not looking forward to flying with an iPhone 6. But it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It doesn't matter how big (small?) or bright the integrated screen is as long as it continues to suffer from integration issues. I'll get an iPad mini for a larger display, but pretty much convinced that I am going to try to return the P4P+ controller.

Since I started with the integrated screen I was not looking forward to flying with an iPhone 6. But it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It doesn't matter how big (small?) or bright the integrated screen is as long as it continues to suffer from integration issues. I'll get an iPad mini for a larger display, but pretty much convinced that I am going to try to return the P4P+ controller.
Let me know how that works out. I'm in the same boat, but will likely have to return the whole kit, as the aircraft also has the left banking 45° gimbal/camera flip.

@Mitel - Did you get your non + controller yet? I received mine today after ordering from DJI last week (26th). I was surprised at how quickly that shipped. And flying with it today was a very frustration-free experience. I'll be contacting DJI support tonight to see if I can return the P4P+ controller for a refund (or I'll even take 3 new 5870 mAh batteries in exchange :D)
I'll take that deal, too! :cool:

Here's an update:

I had purchased a tablet holder bracket (Inspire 1 Part 45) as I was preparing for a Mavic Pro order to arrive. That part comes with an aluminum bracket for the tablet holder whereas the one on the P4P controller is plastic. So I swapped out the plastic connector with the Inspire 1 Part 45 one. I don't understand why DJI would use a plastic bracket when the spare part (#45) is metal. Perhaps it is because the spare part is for the much more expensive Inspire 1. Got it on eBay -- just search for Inspire 1 Part 45 if you are interested. Here's an image of the Inspire 1 Part 45 bracket on the P4P controller:
IMG_3207.jpg

Last edited:
Here's an update:

I had purchased a tablet holder bracket (Inspire 1 Part 45) as I was preparing for a Mavic Pro order to arrive. That part comes with an aluminum bracket for the tablet holder whereas the one on the P4P controller is plastic. So I swapped out the plastic connector with the Inspire 1 Part 45 one. I don't understand why DJI would use a plastic bracket when the spare part (#45) is metal. Perhaps it is because the spare part is for the much more expensive Inspire 1. Got it on eBay -- just search for Inspire 1 Part 45 if you are interested. Here's an image of the Inspire 1 Part 45 bracket on the P4P controller:
View attachment 72413
I'm confused. The P4P controller comes with exactly that same Inspire 1 Part 45 metal bracket, just like the P4 does. It was only the P3P that had the cheap plastic version. All P4 and P4P phantoms come with the metal bracket depicted. Am I missing something?

Just got done with a chat session and DJI wants the entire order returned if I want a refund. Screw that.
DJI doesn't allow exchanges for anything except the original purchase, and no partial refunds can be made. Usually, their refund period is only 7 days from receipt. Very strict and unflexible! B&H is 30 days for refunds or exchanges.

I'm confused. The P4P controller comes with exactly that same Inspire 1 Part 45 metal bracket, just like the P4 does. It was only the P3P that had the cheap plastic version. All P4 and P4P phantoms come with the metal bracket depicted. Am I missing something?

Mine did not. The box says Phantom 4 Pro and it came with a plastic bracket. Perhaps I'm just special. o_O

Not yet, I ordered on 31st and I am in the UK so I guess it will come from China direct. I think the factory there has been closed down for the last 5 days but shipments seem to be moving again according to dronehome. Also I ordered 2 spare batteries which have a slightly longer wait time than the drone itself.

Beginning to regret going direct to DJI for the Phantom as Maplins have them in stock here, but having read about all the dealer delays on the Mavic I thought it best at the time. Now I am waiting on both the Mavic and the Phantom :(

I've pretty much convinced myself to stay with the P4P+ controller. I'm hoping that at some point they will provide a larger telemetry only display mode and run a separate view-finder from the HDMI port. This one looks good at the price Lilliput 665 Monitor 7'' HDMI | Camerakings.co.uk.

Edit: Added link.

Last edited:
I've had the previous two generations of Phantoms, and an Inspire Pro. I have run everything from Ipad Pro (9.7") to the current best (and my personal favorite) "little" tablet on the market, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2... My favorite configuration by far is the PLUS setup, for one very big reason: Convenience. I am a professional, I shoot with my drones for work on a daily basis. The Pro Plus setup gets the job done well with one less thing to plug in, one less gizmo to charge the night before, and one less thing to remember to pack. I'm in the air faster, on the job faster and home faster... If that sounds good to you, get the Plus. If you want the prettiest view, get a Pro with a Smasung Tab S2 as a monitor.

That's got to be a mistake. That plastic bracket belongs on a P3. I'd contact DJI for a replacement metal bracket.

Dang! Sure enough, the screen shot on the order page shows the controller with a metal bracket. The serial number on the box matches the serial number on the controller barcode. The model number on the controller is GL300F (and the model number on my P4P+ controller is GL300E, so that doesn't make any sense). Either way, what I got was plastic and not the metal bracket indicated on the product info page. I may be special, but now I'm also a bit peeved. :mad:

Last edited:
Dang! Sure enough, the screen shot on the order page shows the controller with a metal bracket. The serial number on the box matches the serial number on the controller barcode. The model number on the controller is GL300F (and the model number on my P4P+ controller is GL300E, so that doesn't make any sense). Either way, what I got was plastic and not the metal bracket indicated on the product info page. I may be special, but now I'm also a bit peeved. :mad:
That's the correct model number for the P4P controller, but not with a P3P plastic bracket installed on it! Any chance someone could have opened the box and swapped out the mounting bracket before you bought it? If not, it happened at the factory. They owe you a metal tablet holder bracket!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn