Phantom 4 pro +: Firmware error 800

Reaction score
I'm new to drones and just bought the Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

What I did do so far is create an account and log in. Then I connected my drone with my laptop using the provided cable and assistant 2 program. That went fine but when I tried updating my controller firmware afterward via SD card I got a code 800 error. I tried again and same error. Finally I reformatted the card and it worked.

My question is have those failed attempts caused any damage or should I be good to go?

Last edited:
Also I know you can calibrate lots of things but what is essential that I calibrate right now? I've done the compass, and the IMU only.

Last edited:

What I did do so far is create an account and log in. Then I connected my drone with my laptop using the provided cable and assistant 2 program. That went fine but when I tried updating my controller firmware afterward via SD card I got a code 800 error. I tried again and same error. Finally I reformatted the card and it worked.

My question is have those failed attempts caused any damage or should I be good to go?
Hi, when you formatted your card did you use PC or drone please. Having same problem.

Hi, when you formatted your card did you use PC or drone please. Having same problem.
Always use your drone for formatting your sd cards. The PC formatting is a little bit different.

Always use your drone for formatting your sd cards. The PC formatting is a little bit different.
Hi, thanks for the reply, that is advice I would normally give, I always format rather than delete files from my Camera cards.
This time the problem was card was formatted in drone, the files were deleted, card must only contain .bin file for updating the controller. Error as above at least three times :(
Formatted card in PC (fat32) loaded .bin file and update worked.

I recently acquired a P4P+ <GL300E> controller for my P4P drone. And this controller still had the original software in it. I kept getting the error code 800. Even DJI support could not help me. But this site did ! I need to thank MikeA57 for his 5 year old post and I'll update it slightly.

In order to get your P4P+ controller firmware updated to the latest, you have to format the micro SD card to FAT32. And because you need FAT32, the card cannot be any larger than 32GB. Otherwise WINDOWS will not use FAT32. I used an 8GB card with perfect results. Put the microSD card into an adapter on your WINDOWS PC, right click on the drive and select FORMAT. Then select FAT32 as the format type and select QUICK FORMAT. Then copy the latest BIN file update to the microSD. The BIN files must be the ONLY file on the card. From this point you can put the card in your controller and follow the DJI instructions to perform the update. ==> System Settings ==> About Device ==> Update then select the 3 dots upper right and select LOCAL Update.

You may want to research for information on calibrations. There is information available in the app that will show the sensor state and when a calibration is needed. Updates can cause additional misery and are in most cases not needed. Research that subject for some enlightenment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl