Phantom 4 Low-Noise Props (Now Available)

Just my first observation after 3 batteries . letting drone hover a lot and running batteries down to min 10% did some flying around about the same with all 3 batteries . the flight time recorded showed 18 mins all 3 batteries . last time i flew and always run the batteries down to around 10% shows 22 min flights . but the jury is still out on battery performance with these props . again this is just my observations and my opinions so far . others may not experience the same results . not wanting to start anything just stating what my conclusions are so far. 3 flights is hardly enough for full analysis
Hovering is the worst way to test an increase in flight efficiency or battery life. These drones are optimized for most efficient flight at the continuous OA max speed of 31mph. All testing and long distance flying has confirmed this speed. If you fly at full throttle at 31mph with OA turned on, in a large VLOS circle around your home point, using the same battery after a full recharge, changing props in between, I'll bet you will see what I am seeing. Try it! :cool:

Well if you knew anything about how batteries work and drones you would know that hovering actually takes more energy than flying at a set speed.... I think DJI says 18 miles per hour is the most efficient speed hovering tends to use more battery
Correct, except for the most efficient speed. It's 31mph, same as the OA max speed.

To be fair to DJI:

- these props are standard on the V2, and can be fitted to the older P4P, they're not being marketed as a P4P V1 upgrade (choice is yours)

- these aren't a great premium over the standard props.

Put it into perspective, if the few percent difference to battery load means that your £170 batteries last a few cycles longer then I'm happy!

Well I'm just saying your batteries must be seriously degraded by now especially for getting those kind of numbers. And how are you going to do those kind of tests with old batteries especially with a 186 Cycles.... not fair if you are going to try to test the new low noise props. Don't get mad at me for calling you out on it
186 divided by 3 so 62 cycles per battery . last fights before this were 22 mins and not running battery down as low . just stating what i've experienced no need to get mad

i think maybe you should have your ears checked . it's just in your mind you were told they were quieter therefore you subconsciously think there quieter . they are not and jury is still out on longer fights . flew 3 batteries yesterday and noticed and dramatic decrease in flight time from 22 mins to 18 but will try some more . starting to think you guys are all brainwashed by dji promotions and gimmicks
Not sure what your deal is, but I've had several observers agree (after witnessing flights with both types) that they are quieter, and I fully agree. You can choose to ignore it if you want to. I bought one set to test. I'm buying more. No gimmicks.

Something I hadn't considered, I have one of these cases: Drone Case HPRC2700W FOR DJI PHANTOM 4 / PRO / 4 PRO+

It's very sturdy, looks pro and the P4Pro can be put away without removing the props. Only thing is, the quieter V2 props don't fit!

Pretty easy to modify the padding, so not a disaster.
The V2 props are certainly much wider, appear to be more fragile, and I'm no fan of the spikey tip, which can easily catch on fabric and other things, while carrying the aircraft around in your hand, with the props already mounted. That being said, for me, their benefits overcome those detriments. They are less annoying to others while flying, due to the lower pitch, and add roughly 5% to flight time over the streamlined original props. YMMV.

I've flown several flights on my v1 P4P today with the old/new props and I can understand the split opinions on the noise. They seem no different flying close in, a different type of sound for sure but hard to say either way without measuring equipment. Once you fly away or go higher then there's an obvious difference, the P4P becomes inaudible closer in when using the newer V2 props.

Can't say about the battery usage, wasn't flying repeating patterns perhaps a fixed mission (Litchi?) under similar conditions would show/quantify it?

I've flown several flights on my v1 P4P today with the old/new props and I can understand the split opinions on the noise. They seem no different flying close in, a different type of sound for sure but hard to say either way without measuring equipment. Once you fly away or go higher then there's an obvious difference, the P4P becomes inaudible closer in when using the newer V2 props.

Can't say about the battery usage, wasn't flying repeating patterns perhaps a fixed mission (Litchi?) under similar conditions would show/quantify it?
Anything that minimizes the annoying whine and turns it into a lower pitched whirr benefits us all. I have noticed that they seem a little noisier during sudden braking right in front of me, likely due to the larger surface area. Hovering, however, and during regular flight, they are much lower in pitch.

Just to be clear, I have an original P4, not plus, extra, advanced, etc. etc. Do these props work on my plain old P4?
Thanks ... (plain old) Ed

I took off my low noise props last week. They just seem to be a little stable to me. Theyre all noisy compared to the Mav 2 Pro anyway. LOL. Ken Heron convinced me to get rid of them.

I took off my low noise props last week. They just seem to be a little stable to me. Theyre all noisy compared to the Mav 2 Pro anyway. LOL. Ken Heron convinced me to get rid of them.
I recall he said he didn't like them. What was his reasoning?

Since I've put the new ones on my P4P+ I haven't took them off. The noise is better everything else doesn't metter for me.
The Mavic is much quieter we all know that. But that is almost everything that is better than at Phantom. And portability of course. But this is off topic.

I recall he said he didn't like them. What was his reasoning?
The bird is just not quite as stable Gadget Guy. And I had mine on for a long time and never even thought about it. But after some thought I tend to agree with Ken on this one.

The bird is just not quite as stable Gadget Guy. And I had mine on for a long time and never even thought about it. But after some thought I tend to agree with Ken on this one.
I have used them, too, and noticed no instability. How would the instability manifest itself? Blurry images or shaky video? Anything the gimbal wouldn't automatically compensate for on its own? I was cautioned against using them by the local DJI Repair facility, because the motors were not designed for them, but the lower pitch makes them less annoying, so I went back to them anyway, as I don't like attracting attention and annoying others any more than necessary. Motors might possibly overheat, but I also noticed a one minute increase in flying time, too! Eager to hear more about the downsides that would offset the benefits.

Instability - not quite still in the air as it hoovers. You can see that at moderate wind.
LO-NO props - I use them since they came out with no problems on P4P. What overheating? If you notice longer air time then the motors need less effort to stay in the air with LO-NO props.
So they must heat less.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl