Phantom 4 Low-Noise Props (Now Available)

Ok just did comparison flights with both sets of props , stock VS low noise . yes a noticeable pitch difference , quieter or lower noise it's a real big NO . did distance tests and could hear the so called low noise props further out then the stock props . went 1640 and could hear the low noise props clearly . stock props faded out at 1500 . stability seemed a little better with the LN props . had minor wind 8 mph and the bird held position a little better with the LN props VS the stock props . mph was little effected but did not really go out to test this . elevation of test was around 6500' . conclusion is it worth the $20 plus shipping I'd say no . if your wanting to replace older props with new ones the LN props would be a fair choice or stick with stock . it's 50 one way or 50 another.
This turns out to be more hype then fact ,but dji found a way to sale everybody more props

Realistically, if fitting these props mean that one less anti-drone busybody looks to the sky to see your P4P hovering then they're definitely worth it IMO
not going to happen these are not Low noise props just different props can hear them out past 1600' no real difference . a bit off pitch from stock but not enough to call them low noise imo

not going to happen these are not Low noise props just different props can hear them out past 1600' no real difference . a bit off pitch from stock but not enough to call them low noise imo
Perhaps a better term would be "low pitch" props, or "less annoying" props. Noise perception is very subjective, even if documentable at a 4db reduction on 65db. Most people find a low whirr to be less annoying than a high pitched whine. That's the benefit for me, around the neighborhood and out in public. They are also slightly more efficient at getting the most distance and flight time out of each battery at 31mph, by roughly 5% for me. I must say that I prefer the look and low profile, spikeless condition of the original props for transport. I'm concerned about catching a spiked prop tip on fabric while carrying them around installed to the launch site, which could lead to accidentally dropping the aircraft. Beauty is you can still use both sets, and the new ones just are an additional, relatively inexpensive option. Kind of like the more expensive, high capacity P4P battery used in a P4. I like options! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sussex_Drone
Perhaps a better term would be "low pitch" props, or "less annoying" props. Noise perception is very subjective, even if documentable at a 4db reduction on 65db. Most people find a low whirr to be less annoying than a high pitched whine. That's the benefit for me, around the neighborhood and out in public. They are also slightly more efficient at getting the most distance and flight time out of each battery at 31mph, by roughly 5% for me. I must say that I prefer the look and low profile, spikeless condition of the original props for transport. I'm concerned about catching a spiked prop tip on fabric while carrying them around installed to the launch site, which could lead to accidentally dropping the aircraft. Beauty is you can still use both sets, and the new ones just are an additional, relatively inexpensive option. Kind of like the more expensive, high capacity P4P battery used in a P4. I like options! :cool:
I can't agree with you as far as less annoying . very little difference . the noise level / pitch may be picked up by test equipment but not so much by the human ear . i find the LN props to be so close to the standard props that it's barely noticeable and most assuredly not less annoying IMO . I do agree that flight while hovering seems more stable and after more flights with the props may find other things i like about them .

I can't agree with you as far as less annoying . very little difference . the noise level / pitch may be picked up by test equipment but not so much by the human ear . i find the LN props to be so close to the standard props that it's barely noticeable and most assuredly not less annoying IMO . I do agree that flight while hovering seems more stable and after more flights with the props may find other things i like about them .
De gustibus non est disputandum. ;) YMMV. I now have 5 flights on them, and they are the 5 longest flights I have achieved among over 400 other P4P flights with standard props. The change in pitch is very noticeable to me, but quite secondary to the longer flight times I have been getting. I recommend everyone try a set and judge for themselves. If you really don't like them, save them for long distance runs, where they will add about 5% to distance, or to your remaining battery percentage for safety, or assist with lift, when flying from high altitudes. :cool:

I noticed the difference immediately... thumbs up from me.
I did too, so did my wife...I put the standard props back on and she noticed the difference immediately and asked why I'm not using the quiet props...

a difference yes , quieter no just different .
Maybe u need to scoop the wax out of your ear canals??;) quieter yes....pitch difference big time yes....long distance flying legendary yes! All jokes aside i do notice a difference in sound although pitch is more pronounced, less annoying!

Maybe u need to scoop the wax out of your ear canals??;) quieter yes....pitch difference big time yes....long distance flying legendary yes! All jokes aside i do notice a difference in sound although pitch is more pronounced, less annoying!
"Lower pitch, less annoying props" now available for the P4P! :cool:

Reactions: Advexure
i think maybe you should have your ears checked . it's just in your mind you were told they were quieter therefore you subconsciously think there quieter . they are not and jury is still out on longer fights . flew 3 batteries yesterday and noticed and dramatic decrease in flight time from 22 mins to 18 but will try some more . starting to think you guys are all brainwashed by dji promotions and gimmicks

i think maybe you should have your ears checked . it's just in your mind you were told they were quieter therefore you subconsciously think there quieter . they are not and jury is still out on longer fights . flew 3 batteries yesterday and noticed and dramatic decrease in flight time from 22 mins to 18 but will try some more . starting to think you guys are all brainwashed by dji promotions and gimmicks

New props are definitely quieter hovering 200 feet above me vs the stock props.

What type of flying are you doing where you experienced a reduction in flight time? I fly a 10+ mile circuit several times a week in varying conditions, so I have a very reliable baseline for comparison purposes. The increase for me over the first five flights with the new props is about 5% in flight time and total distance flown, based upon the same remaining percent battery level, down to roughly 7% from 100% at the start. Nothing subjective or subconscious about that. It's not a placebo effect. However, depending upon your flying, YMMV. :cool:

What type of flying are you doing where you experienced a reduction in flight time? I fly a 10+ mile circuit several times a week in varying conditions, so I have a very reliable baseline for comparison purposes. The increase for me over the first five flights with the new props is about 5% in flight time and total distance flown, based upon the same remaining percent battery level, down to roughly 7% from 100% at the start. Nothing subjective or subconscious about that. It's not a placebo effect. However, depending upon your flying, YMMV. :cool:
I have just gotten a chance to fly the new low noise props today and made a total of 6 flights. While not nessasaily quiter they definitely have a slightly better tone that I feel and others have that they are slightly less annoying in pitch to the stock ones. I have also seen better average flight times in very similar situations. Are they much quieter, not anything earblowing but a lot less dogs were barking during my flights than normal. I’m assuming that has to do with the pitch. Don’t except miracles but my opinion is they are different enough to try for the relatively low cost and make your own decision. I haven’t posted for a while because I had a keyboard tuff guy telling me what my drone could and couldn’t do. I never mentioned the mods I had are hadn’t made any outrageous claims. I was flying long distances in appropriate places that he said were impossible. Meanwhile people have practically doubled what I claimed since then, what was this keyboard tuffguys response to that?? Anyway, I would say get a set and try them for yourself, it’s the only way you will see what the difference is in your own opinion. Just my opinion.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Just my first observation after 3 batteries . letting drone hover a lot and running batteries down to min 10% did some flying around about the same with all 3 batteries . the flight time recorded showed 18 mins all 3 batteries . last time i flew and always run the batteries down to around 10% shows 22 min flights . but the jury is still out on battery performance with these props . again this is just my observations and my opinions so far . others may not experience the same results . not wanting to start anything just stating what my conclusions are so far. 3 flights is hardly enough for full analysis

Oh god 18 minute flight times now too? Seriously dude? What do you fly around in sport mode the whole time?

Last edited:
Just my first observation after 3 batteries . letting drone hover a lot and running batteries down to min 10% did some flying around about the same with all 3 batteries . the flight time recorded showed 18 mins all 3 batteries . last time i flew and always run the batteries down to around 10% shows 22 min flights . but the jury is still out on battery performance with these props . again this is just my observations and my opinions so far . others may not experience the same results . not wanting to start anything just stating what my conclusions are so far. 3 flights is hardly enough for full analysis
Well if you knew anything about how batteries work and drones you would know that hovering actually takes more energy than flying at a set speed.... I think DJI says 18 miles per hour is the most efficient speed hovering tends to use more battery

Here is almost a 20 min flight and i still have 34 % and i flew around in sport mode! By 10% gauranteed i would have 26 min! Also u should not be taking your batteroes down to 10 % bad practice for lipo batteries.... maybe this is why you are only getting 18 minutes because you discharge them way too far you should only be going to 20 or 25%.... resting voltage should be 3.70 to 3.75

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180617-212146.jpg
    Screenshot_20180617-212146.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 321
Oh god 18 minute flight times now too? Seriously dude? What do you fly around in sport mode the whole time?
Seriously dude . really ? i hardly ever use sport mode . over 186 flights and let it go down the 10% for the test . dude

Well I'm just saying your batteries must be seriously degraded by now especially for getting those kind of numbers. And how are you going to do those kind of tests with old batteries especially with a 186 Cycles.... not fair if you are going to try to test the new low noise props. Don't get mad at me for calling you out on it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl