Phantom 4 heading on down the creek

Reaction score
I was going to take some video of some people canoeing on a fast moving creek. But instead of my P4 just hoovering over the creek it started to move with it. I wasn't very high and am just wondering if the vision system may be locking on the churning water and instead of staying stationary it tried to compensate because of the moving water underneath it acted almost like I was in att mode. The drifting went away when I went higher up. Filming above the creek is something I will be doing is there a way that I can get it to hold steady say 10 to 15 feet above the flowing water.

VPS is effective until your Phantom is about 10 meters in the air. So, it's a possibility. Are you sure your Phantom wasn't just drifting with the wind in ATTI mode?

VPS is effective until your Phantom is about 10 meters in the air. So, it's a possibility. Are you sure your Phantom wasn't just drifting with the wind in ATTI mode?
Yes that is the first thing that came to mind so I double checked it, but it is my understanding that VPS wouldn't work over water but I would have thought that the motion sensors would have taken over. I may try it again and I believe on my P3 you could turn the vision sensors off, not sure on the P4 but I wouldn't want to turn the collision avoidance off with them if they are tied together.

It is exactly what you suspect... It locks onto the moving water. I saw a video of someone putting tape over the bottom vps and that seemed to do the trick give that a go

Reactions: Richard in ky
Flying in ATTI is the only way to disable the positioning function in the VPS right now.

Reactions: Richard in ky
putting tape over the bottom vps and that seemed to do the trick
If that works, a 3D printed VPS cover could be in the making.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl