Phantom 4 HDMI Board Problem

Reaction score
Hi, just installed a HDMI out board on the P4 TX and all was working until its left on for more than 1 minute then for some reason the APP will say lost signal, even if i'm next to it. This is with HDMI plugged and unplugged, I have reseated the board twice but made no difference, all so reset phantom and done RC bind.. Soon as i install the old board its fine again. Any ideas please? Thanks

Are you getting video in the HDMI out while you are getting disconnections?. And have you updated the firmware for the TX?. You will have to go into the TX settings and look for the upgrade required. I solved most of my issues by updating the firmware after installation.

Reactions: crezzlin
Hi, thanks for the fast reply..

From memory I still had a HDMI link when testing over house, was about 30meters up then noticed signal lost on phone but was OK on TV for a short time, defo didn't have good range..

I looked on the App to update firmware but said up-to-date.. As for Dji assistant I managed to reset phantom and refresh but once I plugged in the remote it said no firmware a valuable I think.. Any other way of flashing the remove that I mist.. Thanks

PS.. Are the TX setting on the Go app or Pc assistant. Ta
You find a update request in the DJI go app in the TX settings. You should see a firmware upgrade available. If your tablet is on wifi it should download and update

You find a update request in the DJI go app in the TX settings. You should see a firmware upgrade available. If your tablet is on wifi it should download and update

Thanks I think I'm on the latest firmware, nothing pops up when I click the firmware tab it just flashes as if it has no updates I expect.. :s

I did not understand you, have you tried to refresh RC link to the drone?

If you are absolutely sure you have installed the HDMI module correctly, you should see a TX firmware upgrade on the home screen of the app (don't enter camera view). You need to update the TX to enable the simulataneous output and OSD sliders in the app to be visible and activated. From memory the TX FW went from 1.6 to 1.8. You can confirm the latest FW in the 'about' section of your app.
Unless you have a faulty module.....

Hi, just installed a HDMI out board on the P4 TX and all was working until its left on for more than 1 minute then for some reason the APP will say lost signal, even if i'm next to it. This is with HDMI plugged and unplugged, I have reseated the board twice but made no difference, all so reset phantom and done RC bind.. Soon as i install the old board its fine again. Any ideas please? Thanks

Crezz,
Are you on Android ? and your transmitter is higher than 1.6 firmware ?
I had the same problem and now went backward to 1.6 firmware on transmitter.
Its better, not 100% super reliable but 90% of the time it is good. Still getting often weak signal warning though.
I am also on older DJI GO ( not GO 4 ) 2 version down from latest, so that I cant be forced to update to DJI GO 4.
The GO4 apps crashed too often.

HDMI board issue
HDMI Board causing glitchy video that goes black or green

On Apple ipad, higher than 1.6 controller firmware is okey, on my Nvidia Shield I get those distorted image.
I think I will remove my HDMI board and use Nvidia tablet if I need to use my HDMI goggle , Nvidia has HDMI out .

I did 2 weeks ago lost video feed within 3 minutes of flying and never recover till I land the P4 and do reset.
This is first time it ocurred on 1.6 controller firmware to this bad level. Usually only image distortion and lag.

Perhaps the DJI GO for Android is not as good as the one for Apple.

Thanks for help Guys..

SPP.. I'm on Android and I use the Litchi app, find it never crashes, but still use the Go app to make sure it wasn't the problem but has the same video problems.. Just gone back to my old module and the range is better again. But I was on the 1.8 firmware well on the HDMI unit.. Now gone to 1.6 just to see if it helps with the android video but its no different.. I take it you can have the TX on 1.6 and use the latest firmware on Phantom OK? Cheers

I take it you can have the TX on 1.6 and use the latest firmware on Phantom OK? Cheers

Yes.

Phantom 4 - per 30 June 2017.JPG

So it keep giving me firmware update warning....LOL
Phantom 4 - per 30 June 2017 v2.JPG

Ignore the compass need-2-calibrate warning. I dont know my Phantom 4 is so stupid, it cant tell magnetic interference from a bad compass in the beginning. It is sitting now on top of my baby grand piano and it senses the metals...LOL. If you ignore the compass warning , then it will flash "MAGNETIC INTERFERENCE".

Fly safe ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan