Phantom 4 got jacked!

Well looks like find my drone all ××××× after reading that post i can asume find my drone is just another software glitch .sorry for posting something thst not work,never looking at this feature again,:)Ian

It does work but to give you the most recent location you would actually need to be connected with the drone via the controller, I doubt you can fly your drone from 1000's of miles away! [emoji23]

So went to McDonalds to grab some food, ate inside the restaurant, super tired and didn't really keep my guard up. I parked my car under a bright light, next to the McDonalds car entrance & windows. I didn't really think anyone would wanna jack stuff outta my car due to it's position not being suitable for a typical smash and grab robbery.

But because I drove an Orange M3 that sticks out, they probably thought I had something nice in there. So they came off the main road into the McDonalds just to check out my car. This was a tiny parking lot under day time strength light, with customers in and out. This was no Walmart parking lot in the back type of deal.

But they took off with my Phantom 4. I had a carbon fiber road bike worth $3000 they probably saw but they didnt take that. Probaby because I was under a light or I'm sure they would have taken that too, it was in the back of the car. And a new Segway hoverboard I just bought.

I'm pissed off they likely came off the main road just to check my car out. There was no way a van would just go into a bright parking lot next to McDonalds with large windows to rob cars, they probably were on their way to a dark parking garage.

But I doubt drug addicts can't figure out how to fly drones. What the hell could they sell it for?

I wish I didn't have that M3, I really need a 2nd car, I can't always be in a perfect safe place all the time. If I drove a normal car with the same stuff, I don't think my car would have been targeted. But it's just because it's orange, it's flashy, so they decided to come check out my car and I just happened to have something in there.
How badly was your car damaged when they broke into it?

There was a guy in similar situation awhile back, got tips from forum to check sites like eBay, etc and someone had posted his drone for sale. He setup a meeting to buy and had a bunch of cops ready and busted them, was a great story on the forum, you never know, good luck. Put a pair of dirty underwear over it next time.

Uhh shoot guess I accidentally posted that... --but if you have your serial # maybe you can contact DJI and see what they can do.
Ha good one,sorry mate thought you was given that fella who lost his drone some slack, whwts this about serial number dont threaten me :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a guy in similar situation awhile back, got tips from forum to check sites like eBay, etc and someone had posted his drone for sale. He setup a meeting to buy and had a bunch of cops ready and busted them, was a great story on the forum, you never know, good luck. Put a pair of dirty underwear over it next time.
Don't throw the old underwear on the ship if you do that you will get some degenerate bust in after the boxers and get both.

Still waiting for an answer on the damage to his vehicle when they broke in and "jacked" his P4.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor