Phantom 4 got jacked!

Reaction score
So went to McDonalds to grab some food, ate inside the restaurant, super tired and didn't really keep my guard up. I parked my car under a bright light, next to the McDonalds car entrance & windows. I didn't really think anyone would wanna jack stuff outta my car due to it's position not being suitable for a typical smash and grab robbery.

But because I drove an Orange M3 that sticks out, they probably thought I had something nice in there. So they came off the main road into the McDonalds just to check out my car. This was a tiny parking lot under day time strength light, with customers in and out. This was no Walmart parking lot in the back type of deal.

But they took off with my Phantom 4. I had a carbon fiber road bike worth $3000 they probably saw but they didnt take that. Probaby because I was under a light or I'm sure they would have taken that too, it was in the back of the car. And a new Segway hoverboard I just bought.

I'm pissed off they likely came off the main road just to check my car out. There was no way a van would just go into a bright parking lot next to McDonalds with large windows to rob cars, they probably were on their way to a dark parking garage.

But I doubt drug addicts can't figure out how to fly drones. What the hell could they sell it for?

I wish I didn't have that M3, I really need a 2nd car, I can't always be in a perfect safe place all the time. If I drove a normal car with the same stuff, I don't think my car would have been targeted. But it's just because it's orange, it's flashy, so they decided to come check out my car and I just happened to have something in there.

And what area of the world should we be on the look out for a low mileage, recently acquired Phantom?

AD

Last edited:
And what area of the would should we be on the look out for a low mileage, recently acquired Phantom?

AD

Downey CA, but report and give it back to me. My iPad is locked anyways.

So went to McDonalds to grab some food, ate inside the restaurant, super tired and didn't really keep my guard up. I parked my car under a bright light, next to the McDonalds car entrance & windows. I didn't really think anyone would wanna jack stuff outta my car due to it's position not being suitable for a typical smash and grab robbery.

But because I drove an Orange M3 that sticks out, they probably thought I had something nice in there. So they came off the main road into the McDonalds just to check out my car. This was a tiny parking lot under day time strength light, with customers in and out. This was no Walmart parking lot in the back type of deal.

But they took off with my Phantom 4. I had a carbon fiber road bike worth $3000 they probably saw but they didnt take that. Probaby because I was under a light or I'm sure they would have taken that too, it was in the back of the car. And a new Segway hoverboard I just bought.

I'm pissed off they likely came off the main road just to check my car out. There was no way a van would just go into a bright parking lot next to McDonalds with large windows to rob cars, they probably were on their way to a dark parking garage.

But I doubt drug addicts can't figure out how to fly drones. What the hell could they sell it for?

I wish I didn't have that M3, I really need a 2nd car, I can't always be in a perfect safe place all the time. If I drove a normal car with the same stuff, I don't think my car would have been targeted. But it's just because it's orange, it's flashy, so they decided to come check out my car and I just happened to have something in there.
Wow sux just idea turn your find my drone on and track the area with police back up ,,Yeh no need for that sort of **** ,go looking,excuse four letter word ,best luck hunting,just reinstall on nother device with your same djigo4 registration or email etc and check find my drone ,should still come up

Wow sux just idea turn your find my drone on and track the area with police back up ,,Yeh no need for that sort of **** ,go looking,excuse four letter word ,best luck hunting
Is there such a thing as find my drone?

I am trying to use find my iPhone, my iPad on there but there will be no way for them to connect to internet since I 4 digit password enabled it.

Is there such a thing as find my drone?

I am trying to use find my iPhone, my iPad on there but there will be no way for them to connect to internet since I 4 digit password enabled it.
14970389890111559979141.jpg
click on 3 small lines top right of home screen,options comes up

Another thing when you got map with find your drone on you can tap red or blue icon and coordinates will come up of

NoThat's that I know of these come installed with app,not sure if ios page the same but should have same features

So if the thief flies my drone, I would be notified?

So if the thief flies my drone, I would be notified?
Not sure on that,I think only way to stop that I think is to email dji and see if they able to lock it,my p4 version is 1.8.0 rc and 4.0.1 actually I sure this latest android not sure what latest IOS is sorry,

Wow sux just idea turn your find my drone on and track the area with police back up ,,Yeh no need for that sort of **** ,go looking,excuse four letter word ,best luck hunting,just reinstall on nother device with your same djigo4 registration or email etc and check find my drone ,should still come up

Find my drone won't work unless your phone/iPad is plugged in with a paired controller, The find my
Drone feature is only meant for if your drone crash lands it will tell you where about it went down.

Find my drone won't work unless your phone/iPad is plugged in with a paired controller, The find my
Drone feature is only meant for if your drone crash lands it will tell you where about it went down.
1497085622260-1094192418.jpg
Hi agree but also shows on map where aircraft is and my p4 not even on ,somehow it knows where it is ,magic ??so can be used to mayby find location i not tec savy so cant explain proper :)

Reactions: JMR
View attachment 83657 Hi agree but also shows on map where aircraft is and my p4 not even on ,somehow it knows where it is ,magic ??so can be used to mayby find location i not tec savy so cant explain proper :)

If it gets disconnected it will always show its last known location, lets say your flying it from one end of a Forrest and your drone crashes on the other side, you would loose connection, so it always keeps the last known location so even if you do loose signal you can always find it! :)

If it gets disconnected it will always show its last known location, lets say your flying it from one end of a Forrest and your drone crashes on the other side, you would loose connection, so it always keeps the last known location so even if you do loose signal you can always find it! :)
Sweet ok thanks for that.been waiting to see if JETFALCON had any new news ,thats where phantoms need built in tracker that can be activated if this happens,thanks again and happy flying

How did they get into the M?

Reactions: Pharm
Find my drone says the drone is in my house, but it's been at Maplins UK repair centre for 3 weeks and I am told by customer services that it was tested on Tuesday and Wednesday but still it says it's in my house. **** I have looked everywhere!
Well looks like find my drone all ××××× after reading that post i can asume find my drone is just another software glitch .sorry for posting something thst not work,never looking at this feature again,:)Ian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31